What's new

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - Warner Bros. Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Ethan Riley said:
I'm not sure, but I thought the series was edited on videotape (can anyone confirm this?). If it was edited on video, then they'd have to go back to the original filmed elements and completely re-edit from scratch--the way they're doing with Star Trek: the Next Generation.
They went back to the negative for the Gold Box set so it should be good to go for a Blu-ray release. There's a handful of terrible looking shots that used video effects (a zoom-in Dr. Jacoby's eye in a first season episode, Major Briggs describing his dissapearance in a second season episode) and I assume those will still look like crap rather than 'recreating' the effects in HD like Star Trek but I don't even know if there's 10 shots like that in the entire series.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Yeah for the most part Twin Peaks was cut on film and simply transfered to 1" for broadcast. There are some episodes that made minor usage of video editing such as Cooper getting shot at the end of Season 1 (in which case they were deinterlaced and upressed for the dvd masters to blend in with the film footage) but these are few and far between.

bugsy-pal

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
Fire Walk With Me has just been released this week on bluray in Australia by Madman. I just got it but haven't looked at it yet. Don't have any DVD to compare it to. While I've seen most Lynch films and the original Twin Peaks series, I've never seen this one, so I'm looking forward to it.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Just finished rewatching the series, and hope that if/when FWWM gets to Blu it has all the deleted scenes. Haven't seen it in a while, but my recollection is that it is pretty dark. Still would like to see a continuation somehow.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
This from the Twin Peaks Archive: http://twinpeaksarchive.blogspot.com/ "Twin Peaks is a continuing story, and that's from both David & me." - Mark Frost 1/27/13 Mark Frost confirmed that the image that floats across the curtains during the Red Room dream was indeed meant to be an owl. Mark also confirmed that lawyers are involved in getting the deleted scenes from FWWM released.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks