What's new

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me- Last Chance for deleted scenes! (1 Viewer)

Eric Ansley

Auditioning
Hey All;
Not sure if anyone has posted this here or not, but It appears we die-hard Peakers may have a LAST CHANNCE to see the much wanted deleted scenes for FWWM that are not going to be included on the New Line DVD. It appears that MK2, the French company that owns the deleted scenes, is going to put out their own DVD of FWWM this year. And, as they own the scenes in question, there may be a good chance that the deleted scenes will be included. Yes, I know that It will be Region 2, but maybe with a kind Email to MK2, they may be persuaded to make it a Region 0 release, like the recent TP Pilot DVD. And even if it's only a Region 2 release, you should still request it because once they have included it on their own DVD first, they may be persuaded to sell the righs later on. So we all win. (But I'd still like a Region 0 release.) From what I understand, they have already made very preliminary overtures to David Lynch about it, so right now it looks positive. So, please send those Emails to....
[email protected]
Preferably in French, if you know it, but I imagine someone over there knows English. For further updates, you should all go here:
Dugpa.com
and here...
Twinpeaksgazette.com
keep your fingers crossed. :)

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
If it's a French DVD, the disc will be in the PAL format regardless if it's Region 2 or 0.

You will need to purchase a NTSC/PAL-capable player to view the disc.

John Sullmeyer

Second Unit
Who cares what Region it is. Once the scenes are edited and finihed by Lynch, then they will be available for MK2 o license to other companies.

Send MK2 an email of support today !

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Once the scenes are edited and finihed by Lynch, then they will be available for MK2 o license to other companies.
John,

Hasn't Lynch said a few times the scenes have already been prepared by him, and that New Line was waiting on replies from MK2 regarding licensing? I recall him talking about extensive soundtrack work that was done/ was to be done.

I think the materials have been done for a while- it's just the matter that New Line's hands are tied since the French company seems completely uninterested in talking about licensing for a US release.

Ironically, I assume the version of the scenes released on the French disc will not be the finished Lynch's approved/edited version- so either way we're not getting what we want.

-Vince

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
Who cares what Region it is. Once the scenes are edited and finihed by Lynch, then they will be available for MK2 o license to other companies.
Just because MK2 can license the extra scenes, doesn't mean that they actually will do so.

New Line has been trying for over a year...

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
Once the scenes are edited and finihed by Lynch, then they will be available for MK2 o license to other companies.
they're apparently available for MK2 to license now and have been for quite a while. them releasing their own DVD of it doesn't change this licensing situation.

DJ

John Sullmeyer

Second Unit
The scenes were never edited or transferred. That is why there was such a problem. Not only did New Line have to license them, but they also had to pay for them to be edited and mixed by Lynch.

MK2 had no problem with licensing them to New Line. And even at a fair price. The whole negotiations was whether or not MK2 would share the expenses to edit them. MK2 agreed, but New Line felt that after everything was said and done, it was much too much to pay for plus having to pay for Lynchs to tkae 7 weeks out of his schedule to do it.

So we are back to square one, EXCEPT, MK2 owns the footage, so there is no rights issues here. There are however budget issues with the editing and transfer costs again.

Once this is done, then MK2 can license them already edited and ready for DVD.

Lynch has mentioned in his Chatroom many times that New Line simply did not want to pay up after everything was said and done. New Line denies this and claims that they couldn't get past negotiations.

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
So we are back to square one, EXCEPT, MK2 owns the footage, so there is no rights issues here. There are however budget issues with the editing and transfer costs again.

Once this is done, then MK2 can license them already edited and ready for DVD.
presumably in order to recoup costs incurred in editing and transfer, MK2 would raise their license fee to an amount that might again be more than New Line would be willing to spend.

DJ

John Sullmeyer

Second Unit
Still, bottom of the line is if you want to have even a chance of these scenes getting released period, show your support.
Let MK2 know.
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks