What's new

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me Deleted Scenes on DVD (1 Viewer)

John Sullmeyer

Second Unit
Hey all. After seeing the success of the Superman II petitions that finally brought in the goods, a bunch of us Twin Peaks Fans have decided to rally together and remind the DVD companies that we are still waiting for them to release the 50+ minutes of Deleted Scenes that Lynch originally hand picked for the DVD release in 2001 before New Line dropped the ball and backed out at the 11th hour.

Today marks the 14 year anniversary of the films US theatrical release. We're asking to do the following:

1. On or during the week of August 28th, send emails to both [email protected] and [email protected]

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I thought I read a few weeks back that a new version with the deleted scenes was in the works along with a re-release of season 1 and finally season 2.

I dont remember where I read it.

John Sullmeyer

Second Unit
They have been supposedly working on it for years, but so far from what I can tell, they haven't been able to strike a deal with Lynch. It's all about the costs of doing the transfers and editing properly.

widescreenforever

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
arthurjulius
and what about Season Two of Twin Peaks,, TV series?? where is is this ???

Is it coming out on DVD or never? I read two years ago that Lions Gate studios had taken over the ownership of this series..

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Deleted Scenes or not, I'd just like a new remastered DVD already... I thought something was slated for R@?

Why is it that all of Lynch's fiulms take forever to recieve proper DVD treatment?

There's still no decent R1 version of Lost Highway, nevermind the rest of the Twin Peaks TV series. Eraserhead finally got issued this past year...

I'd just like to be able to own a decent copy of the movie!

Real Name
Thomas Stewart
If I'm not mistaken it isn't Lynch that owns the deleted scenes... I remember reading about how he fought to get them on the current DVD, but it was just too expensive for New Line...

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
The deleted scenes come down to two things: the right holders want too much money or New Line doesn't want to pay not much for them.

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member
There was a post-production issue as I recall- Lynch didn't just want to throw the deleted scenes out there in rough form, he wanted to finish them and do a proper sound mix on them, and have them exist as stand-alone mini-films, if you will. That kind of work costs money, and New Line wasn't willing to pony up the cash.

Vincent

John Sullmeyer

Second Unit
Thing that bothers me was that New Line announced the DVD with Deleted Scenes at the VSDA that year only to retract the announcement once they realized that the price to do it right was more than they were willing to pay.

Then somehow, the audio during the "Pink Room" scenes gets totally botched. This DVD realy needs better treatment.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
I was just looking at Dugpa.com/ because of the news about TP season 2, and saw this post:
Now, we need to bear in mind that this is coming second-hand, but it still sounds promising.

Jack Johnson

Second Unit

It's interesting that the recent airings I've caught of Fire Walk on cable--HBO, Showtime, The Movie Channel--seem to feature the re-mastered image of the Newline dvd (though in open matte), yet with a different audio mix. The Pink Room dialog seemed to be back where it belonged; nearly drowned out by the throbbing music from the band.

There were one or two other differences in the audio I noticed, but I'll have to go through my recording again to find them.

As for deleted scenes, if Lynch has made a deal to finish them...I hope MK2 offers to sell them to Newline to use in a special edition for Region One.

By the way, has Lynch ever specifically said he approved the audio on the Newline dvd, including the "adjustment" to the Pink Room sequence?

--Jack

John Sullmeyer

Second Unit
I find it hard to believe that Lynch approved it, as in the book "Lynch on Lynch", David Lynch goes on to say that the reason he put subtitles in the film during those scenes was because you couldn't hear what the characters were saying.

It's good to hear that there is some movement on this, but I'll believe it when I see it.

I would hope that New Line is aware of MK2 working with Lynch on this and that they are also in talks to bring those Deleted Scenes to the US market.

Jack Johnson

Second Unit

That'd be great if the rights issues could be worked out (if Lynch has the time and funding to finish these scenes). And it sounds costly, if "finishing" would also require additional scoring from Badalamenti, or new music contributions from Lynch himself.

And by the way, over at Dugpa.com they've posted some prototype artwork for the upcoming European release of the second season of Peaks on dvd, and given that it seems to follow the design established by the Artisan set, is there any word on whether Paramount is going to have mercy on collectors and include the re-mastered pilot episode from Season One? I half expect that in order to get that, consumers will be expected to rebuy another rebundled Super Box of seasons one and two together or something... But here's hoping they tuck it into the S2 sets...

--Jack

John Sullmeyer

Second Unit
Well, it's been years since there has been any news on a new Twin Peaks DVD. I wonder what the chances are now that the Twin Peaks Gold Box has been released and has apparently done so well. Does anyone think that New Line will finally go the distance and release a new Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me DVD?

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter

Where do you get the information that it's done well? I don't doubt you, but I'd love access to such a source that identifies units sold, and isn't just focused on the Weekly "Top 20".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks