What's new

Twin Peaks Deleted Scenes - Encouraging update (1 Viewer)

Tony Mirra

Stunt Coordinator
From Dugpa.com:
Possibly the best news I've heard all year. Hervé Lextrait, a viewer from France contacted MK2 and gave me the following statement from MK2:
First, MK2 plans to meet with Lynch in Cannes in the next week or so. Second, thanks to the thousands of emails they have received, they strongly wish to include Deleted Scenes on their upcoming FWWM DVD. All of this really depends on how things go with their negotiations with Lynch. They understand the great worldwide demand, and have asked to keep those emails and letters coming in, as it helps show the demand for doing this. Finally, the DVD will definately be pushed back from the September 2002 release date to allow more time for negotiations.
Now is the time to help spread the word. There are two emails you can send to make sure we are heard: You can send an email to [email protected] and to [email protected]. If you haven't heard back from MK2 after your first email, go ahead and write them another email. Be sure to send your email to both, and as always, be polite. Spread the word. Hit the message boards and newsgroups.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
:angry: :angry: Dammit, why couldnt they just get along BEFORE the DVD release?
I'M GETTING TIRED OF REBUYING DVDS!!!!!!!!!!!

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Maybe they'll release it r0... That would definitely be a smart move.

John Sullmeyer

Second Unit
Rumor has it that if the deal goes through, part of the deal is letting Lynch release a DVD with just the Deleted Scenes to buy at David Lynch.com.

So it will be out as a supplement in Region 2 France, and available as a supplement only DVD in Region 1 in the US.

I really hope this happens.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
That would be even better. I should look through the dl.com logs since I haven't been there in two weeks.

Tony Mirra

Stunt Coordinator
Rumor has it that if the deal goes through, part of the deal is letting Lynch release a DVD with just the Deleted Scenes to buy at David Lynch.com.
Right. There was talk of him cleaning up and scoring the scenes with the cost coming out of his own pocket in exchange for distribution rights in North America via Davidlynch.com.

That would be sweet.

John Sullmeyer

Second Unit
Some news from Dugpa.com:

MK2 Still In Talks With Lynch for a 2005 FWWM Collectors DVD Release
It seems that as before, MK2 has been getting lots of support from the fans to release FWWM on DVD with Deleted Scenes. I have gotten word back from MK2 that they are in fact trying to meet with Lynch once more in hopes to come to an agreement, and will be pushing their 2 Disc Collectors DVD of FWWM back to 2005. They will in fact still be releasing a single disc version in December of the film with a 5.1 English and French audio mix. In speaking with MK2, they sounded optimistic to explore every possibility. You may continue to send letters of support to: [email protected].

I'm not holding my breath, BUT, I'm shooting off another email to MK2 to let them know. According to the FWWM FIght website, if France gets Lynch to do it, New Line will be not too far behind with a US re-release.
This plus Season 2 on DVD, Donners Superman 2, and a decent Blade Runner transfer, and THEN I can die.

Joshua_W

Second Unit
I'm not holding my breath, BUT, I'm shooting off another email to MK2 to let them know. According to the FWWM FIght website, if France gets Lynch to do it, New Line will be not too far behind with a US re-release.
I hate to say this, but the more I hear about the situation, the more I'm convinced that it's Lynch himself that's preventing the release to the deleted FWWM scenes.

From all I've read, it sounds like MK2 is trying to do everything in their power to bring this footage to the light of day, but it's Lynch who's either holding out for too much money or making unreasonable demands.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
but it's Lynch who's either holding out for too much money or making unreasonable demands.
... or protecting his creator rights of not allowing them to be seen. I don't think any Lynch film has included deleted material, at his request.

MarcusUdeh

Supporting Actor
From all I've read, it sounds like MK2 is trying to do everything in their power to bring this footage to the light of day, but it's Lynch who's either holding out for too much money or making unreasonable demands.
Deja vu
*I’m a living testament to why one should never view FWWM without seeing the series the film is based on first. :frowning:

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
... or protecting his creator rights of not allowing them to be seen. I don't think any Lynch film has included deleted material, at his request.
I don't think that's the case. Every interview I've read with Lynch on the subject, he says he wants to get the scenes out, but he wants to clean them up first. In order to do that, he wants to get paid. From what I can tell, Josh is right, MK2 just isn't willing to pay him as much as he wants.

Blue Velvet SE has a montage of stills from deleted scenes (which aside from the stills are lost).

Eraserhead, a DVD designed by Lynch himself, has a deleted scene as the menu!

Mostly in the past on Lynch DVD's it's just been a matter of deleted scenes not being available.

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member
:: Blue Velvet SE has a montage of stills from deleted scenes (which aside from the stills are lost).

Actually, all of the negative trims for BLUE VELVET do exist, the problem is that the workprints of the deleted scenes are missing (and possibly the sound, too), so to reconstruct them would require reprinting all of those negative trims and re-editing the deleted scenes from scratch, something that would take a lot of time, effort, and money. If the workprints of the deleted scenes with the production mag tracks of those scenes could be found, it would be a heck of a lot easier.

Vincent

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks