Twin Peaks advice.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matthew Wayman, Jan 2, 2002.

1. Matthew Wayman

Matthew Wayman Auditioning

I have never seen any Twin Peaks episodes before but have looked forward to the DVD release for some time now. I am looking forward very much to watching the Pilot (which I have) followed by the first season box when it arrives. What I would like to know from other Twin Peaks fans is when I should watch the film "Fire walk with me" I know that this is a prequel but I remember reading a while ago that it is best not to watch this before the Pilot or the series. I have avoided trawling the many Twin Peaks websites as I don't want to find out anything that might spoil it and i'd prefer to watch the series knowing as little as possible. Any help would be most appreciated.

Happy New Year to you all

Matt

2. Henry Colonna

Henry Colonna Stunt Coordinator

Matthew - don't even THINK about touching Fire Walk with Me until you are about a third of the way through the second season...which isn't even out on DVD yet. Stay away from the box, and from reviews - you could very seriously ruin your enjoyment of the show itself. At least in the way that I enjoyed it.

3. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

Fire Walk With Me should be the last thing you see.

4. Patrick Larkin

Patrick Larkin Screenwriter

It takes a season and a half to find out who kills Laura Palmer.

The killer is quite obvious in FWWM. DON'T watch it!

5. Matthew Wayman

Matthew Wayman Auditioning

Thanks for all your help, i've ordered the movie but i'll definately wait until I have seen all the series before watching it.

Matt

6. John CW

John CW Supporting Actor

Note: Do NOT watch all of the "Introduction to David Lynch" it contains what could be considered a fairly major spoiler at the end (when that Proff Dude comes back on to talk about Lynch's violent and dark sexual imagery).

~ John