What's new

Twilight (1 Viewer)

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I am about 200 pages into the book. I have mixed emotions about. It takes forever for anything to really happen and it seems more geared towards teenage girls more than anything. Are guys going to buy the whole love story thing or are they just going to be dragged by their girlfriends.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
The books very likely aren't my cup of tea (I'm a 34 year old male), but I am expecting the film to be a pretty big hit. 3 months ago, I knew nothing about the existence of this series. Now, I am aware of what a big hit it is. It definitely seems like The Vampire Chronicles for teens.

My wife noticed during some "making of" that "Cedric" (from HP4) is playing the main vampire boy. I hope the film is a good adaptation. They got a decent director.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I hadn't even heard of Twilight until a few months ago when a friend expressed how amped she was that they were making a movie version. As of the moment, I am vaguely aware that it's something of a phenomenon, largely aimed at teenage females, and that it has something to do with vampire teens. Doesn't really excite me at all. Nor does it spark any curiosity - well not enough for me to Wikipedia it. I will, however, pay attention to how it does at the box office just to see how big it really is.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
The books are interesting and yes they are probably geared more towards teen girls. The main vampire, Edward is a bit on the obsessive stalker side and his human girlfriend, Bella swoons to easily over him, but there are some interesting action scenes and story lines.

I think the movie looks like it will be good. The cast is an intersting choice. The Edward they chose is not really my idea of Edward, but we all picture characters from books in different ways.

Chris Mannes

Stunt Coordinator
I picked up all four books 2 weeks ago, and devoured them. Read all 4 in just under a week. Loved them all.

Admittedly the whole time I was a little baffled by how much I liked them. I'm a 34yo male. And they're quite obviously targeted at teen girls. I'm not sure if it's the quality of the writing, or maybe the fantasy aspect, but somehow they were terrific reads.

As for the film, I'm worried. If they go the obvious route and target teen girls, they may cheese it up and end up with a really crappy movie.

On the other hand, if they somehow manage to do what the books did. They may end up with a film "apparently" for teen girls, with cross market appeal.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter

That is exactly what I was worried about as well. After watching the comic-con panel with the cast and director, I have better feelings about it. They seemed to really want to make it more than a teen flick.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks