What's new

Twilight Zone (UPN version) coming Sept.7.. (1 Viewer)

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
It's GREAT! The audio and video are superb, though they placed a chapter BEFORE the opening, and not after it. Grr.

Not bad for their first Tv-DVD set.

Gord

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Huge TZ fan, skeptical about this series, which I saw a grand total of one episode from (and wasn't too impressed). American Dreams got my money this release day but this could prove too tempting to pass up, what with the TZ name and all.

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
I got my set of it and have mixed thoughts on it.

As far as the DVD presentation goes, it's great that it's in 1.78:1 widescreen and Dolby 5.1 Digital. All sets should aspire to such quality.

However, NLHE should have done something about extras. The only "extras" on the set are DVD authoring credits and a DVD-ROM link to New Line's web site for generic trailers and promos. No extras, no commentaries, no behind-the-scenes information, nothing. Bummer.

I have to admit, I've never completely followed TZ except for the ill-fated 1982 feature film. I remember catching clips of the original 60's series in reruns here and there, and Rod Serling really made that series sing. Nothing was unimportant in the way of detail; everything had a purpose where Serling was concerned. I never saw the 80's reincarnation, and I missed the UPN incarnation during its run. While Forest Whitaker is a good actor, he'll never replace Rod Serling as far as TZ is concerned.

John KB

Second Unit
Is this worth a blind purchase? I'm ok with no extras, but will I actually be entertained?
I only saw a couple of episodes, and that they were fairly weak.
I do love the Twilight Zone though, so I'm willing to give it a chance, any other opinions out there?

AndrewR

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Rubio
I was pretty disappointed with this incarnation of the Twilight Zone. I had high hopes for it and was greeted with mediocre and cliched storytelling. Only a couple of stories stood out as "decent."

Overall, I'd avoid it. But mileage may vary.

Andrew

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
I picked it up. I enjoyed several episodes, but none of them compare to the one outstanding episode about the sun. That ep is worth the price of the set alone IMO.

ScottCor

Stunt Coordinator
I think he's talking about the Episode entitled "Sunrise"... at the end of the season, in fact I don't think it ever aired on TV.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Yep, Sunrise did indeed air, as I watched it when it aired. Like I said, such a fabulous episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks