What's new

Twilight Zone (UPN version) coming Sept.7.. (1 Viewer)

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
Several notches below even the 80's version. There were a couple of decent ones, and even a sequel to an original episode, but overall, it was a real bore.

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
Several notches below even the 80's version. There were a couple of decent ones, and even a sequel to an original episode, but overall, it was a real bore.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I am more excited about getting the 80's version. Talk about a show that has been chopped up in syndication.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I am more excited about getting the 80's version. Talk about a show that has been chopped up in syndication.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I will be getting this set myself. I am not sure how it rates compared to the 1980's version... I don't remember ever seeing the 1980's version. but I did see some of these and I really enjoyed them. :)

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I will be getting this set myself. I am not sure how it rates compared to the 1980's version... I don't remember ever seeing the 1980's version. but I did see some of these and I really enjoyed them. :)

Charles_Y

Premium
Supporter
Real Name
Charles W. Yearsley Jr.
I agree with Steve P. The more recent UPN series didn't really cut it. I like Forrest Whitaker allot as an actor but he was not a good choice for host. The 80s series was very good. The writing staff included Harlan Ellison and J. Michael Straczynski both of Babylon 5 fame. Many of the scripts were nominated and some won for Writer's Guild and other awards. That was a quality product in my estimation.

Does anyone know if the 80s Twilight Zone will see release in the near future? Another 80s series, "Max Headroom" is one I'd like to see as well.

Charles_Y

Premium
Supporter
Real Name
Charles W. Yearsley Jr.
I agree with Steve P. The more recent UPN series didn't really cut it. I like Forrest Whitaker allot as an actor but he was not a good choice for host. The 80s series was very good. The writing staff included Harlan Ellison and J. Michael Straczynski both of Babylon 5 fame. Many of the scripts were nominated and some won for Writer's Guild and other awards. That was a quality product in my estimation.

Does anyone know if the 80s Twilight Zone will see release in the near future? Another 80s series, "Max Headroom" is one I'd like to see as well.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Charles_Y,

The 80's Twilight Zone is due to be released in season sets at the end of the year by Image.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Charles_Y,

The 80's Twilight Zone is due to be released in season sets at the end of the year by Image.

Mark To

Supporting Actor
On a scale of 1 to 10:

Original Twilight Zone: 10

1980's CBS TZ: 7
1980's 1/2 hour episodes made to fill out the syndication
package: 4

2000's UPN series: 3

Mark To

Supporting Actor
On a scale of 1 to 10:

Original Twilight Zone: 10