What's new

Twilight Zone - The Movie...where is it? (1 Viewer)

RobertSiegel

Reviewer
I think Warner has done a great job with their classics, one of the best studios. True, they are a little slow, they could easily double their output, but when I see such awesome mastering jobs as Auntie Mame, Singing in the Rain, and most of their other classics, I would rather wait for them to do it right. I read somewhere that some of these films take a long time to locate really good elements. It isn't like the old days where they threw a print together and put it out on tape of laserdisc, they are searching for quality masters to make high-def transfers first then dvd's from that. The good news is that when HD DVD hits (hopefully Blue Ray), there will be many titles ready to go.

Still, no excuse for the lack of the Twilight Zone movie. This title certainly would sell more than some of the B titles they have put out. Another Warner title I LONG FOR is "Mame." I hated Lucy in it, but some of the dancing scenes and the orchestrations are awesome.

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
Regarding Shatner and "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet", I remember an absolutely hilarious episode of 3rd Rock From the Sun in which William Shatner was a guest star. He complains about his bad flight in, saying that there was a creature on the wing of the plane. John Lithgow suddenly shouts "the same thing happened to me too!"
:)
-Lyle J.P.

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
Regarding Shatner and "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet", I remember an absolutely hilarious episode of 3rd Rock From the Sun in which William Shatner was a guest star. He complains about his bad flight in, saying that there was a creature on the wing of the plane. John Lithgow suddenly shouts "the same thing happened to me too!"
:)
-Lyle J.P.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i wonder if the death of vic morrow and the 2 children have kept this movie from being released.

from the most recent chat...

..JoeSchwartz.. My compliments on your excellent releases of A CHRISTMAS STORY
and THE BEN STILLER SHOW. Can you tell us when we might see DVD releases of
ELECTRIC DREAMS or TWILIGHT ZONE: THE MOVIE?

..warnerbros.. No plans for either. Sorry.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i wonder if the death of vic morrow and the 2 children have kept this movie from being released.

from the most recent chat...

..JoeSchwartz.. My compliments on your excellent releases of A CHRISTMAS STORY
and THE BEN STILLER SHOW. Can you tell us when we might see DVD releases of
ELECTRIC DREAMS or TWILIGHT ZONE: THE MOVIE?

..warnerbros.. No plans for either. Sorry.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
There may be a lingering concern over the controversy surrounding Twilight Zone the Movie but that didn't stop them from releasing it on every other home video format over the years.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
There may be a lingering concern over the controversy surrounding Twilight Zone the Movie but that didn't stop them from releasing it on every other home video format over the years.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
No, it's strictly a cost-benefit issue for Warner. The studio will get around to this movie when it gets around to it — that sort of thing.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
No, it's strictly a cost-benefit issue for Warner. The studio will get around to this movie when it gets around to it — that sort of thing.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
There may be a sliver of hope regarding a release of this being on the horizon. Yesterday, TVSHowsonDVD posted news that in September New Line is going to release the recent Twilight Zone series from a couple years ago. Since Warner is New Line's parent company, I'm thinking they may decide to release the movie either to coincide with that release, or as a follow-up to it if the show sells well. Let's hope, at least.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
There may be a sliver of hope regarding a release of this being on the horizon. Yesterday, TVSHowsonDVD posted news that in September New Line is going to release the recent Twilight Zone series from a couple years ago. Since Warner is New Line's parent company, I'm thinking they may decide to release the movie either to coincide with that release, or as a follow-up to it if the show sells well. Let's hope, at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks