What's new

Twilight Zone -The Movie : Any Info? (1 Viewer)

mikey ra

Stunt Coordinator
Who has the rights to this movie? Does anyone know of any movement in getting it released on DVD?

Joel C

Screenwriter
I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU COULD BE SO INSENSITIVE AS TO WANT THIS ON DVD!!!111!!! :angry: :angry:

Seriously, though, I remember hearing something about this being a low priority title because of the controversy about the people who died in the helicopter accident during the filming, like maybe a lawsuit two decades later or something.

Or, maybe it's just a low priority title, who knows. It does seem odd it isn't out, considering the Spielberg connection.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Warner put this out on video in the 1980s. As far as I know, they still own the rights.

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
I'm one who also wants this. I would think if they were "insensitive" enough to put it out in the 80's, that they would now, several years later. Actually, thinking about it, I'm rather surprised that part of the movie was left in, period.

DavidofLondon

Stunt Coordinator

Hmm, just a thought here, but are you actually suggesting a film studio really acts due to sensitivity. WOW!!! Reassessing all my thoughts about them. I just had studio execs down as money grabbing leeches ;)

Still all kidding aside I'd love to see this movie released. Personally I think this honours the people who died. I mean after all if their death means the movie is never seen then it's as if they died for nothing.

I think the movie should be released in memorium to those that died. To my mind it would be nice if their relatives/next of kin were able to receive a portion of the sales revenue. But then see earlier comment re: money grabbing leeches, so I can't see that happening.

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
I've never understood the holdup considering the movie was released AFTER people died and lawsuits began, VHS tapes were released AFTER people died and lawsuits began, and if I'm not mistaken, Laserdics were released AFTER people died and lawsuits began. I also don't know that Vic Morrow's estate has a lot of say in the matter.

Anthony Thorne

Supporting Actor
I'd probably buy it. I generally like the movie, whatever its faults.

Of course, what would be really great would be a full-on special edition with deleted footage (obviously not the Vic Morrow accident footage, mind), a no-holds-barred Laurent Bouzereau doco with a reflective Spielberg (plus Landis talking pensively about his court case), George Miller and Joe Dante hopping aboard for a commentary tracks and Albert Brooks, Dan Ackroyd, John Lithgow and others chipping in. Of course, a big special edition of this movie would never appear in a million years - but maybe in an alternate universe, or perhaps.. ..the Twilight Zone?

For what it's worth, the later indepth book (I forget the title) on the Twilight Zone movie shoot, accident and subsequent court case is a great, if frequently harrowing read.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks