What's new

Twilight Zone, Season 1 Disk Replacement, Advice Sought! (1 Viewer)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I got my set out and started watching. It's the all-in-one version. I'm almost done with S2 and all discs are OK. Even though this is the CBS/Paramount version each disc opens with the Legend logo and copyright information. I'm guessing it's the same transfers with new pressings.

And those hubs are *tough* to press down to release a disc - so tough I don't see how it can be done with just a finger/thumb. It's one of those things where your finger will snap the disc back as soon as it's released unless you're pulling up on the disc exactly right (there are only 2 thick tabs holding it in place and you'd have to be pulling the disc vertical to a tab and not horizontally). Someone on on Amazon said they used the head of a marker to press on the tabs and they'd release the disc fairly easily. I have a set of Sharpie Ultra Fine Point markers and the cap is just a bit smaller than the center hole on the discs. I tried using it to press on the tabs and found it works great! With just a bit of pressure the cap will press both tabs enough for the disc to pop up for easy removal. I can also use both thumb nails with each pressing a tab to do similar but using the marker cap is much easier and using the marker allows me to place a hand underneath the page/tab to provide a bit of support on an open page.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I’ve been watching my TZ set (complete series) for the first time (on Blu-ray) and… yup, season 1, disc 4. Freezes up on the menu and during several episodes. Tried in two different players, each with updated firmware.

Not sure I can contact Amazon, since it was a gift from my wife some years ago, although she certainly got it from Amazon.

Any suggestions?

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
I’ve been watching my TZ set (complete series) for the first time (on Blu-ray) and… yup, season 1, disc 4. Freezes up on the menu and during several episodes. Tried in two different players, each with updated firmware.

Not sure I can contact Amazon, since it was a gift from my wife some years ago, although she certainly got it from Amazon.

Any suggestions?
Buy the all in one and just replace the disc in your old box?

Sure it won't match but hey, it'll work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks