1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Twilight Zone replacement disc - contact??

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by MarcoBiscotti, Jul 25, 2005.

1. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

I'm really frustrated, I just opened up my Season One Definitive Edition set to watch a few episodes and noticed a very large rim crack in the plastic center ring of disc 3;. It's fairly deep and this disc will not last more than a few weeks.

I've never experienced this with any other DVD purchased before, and I have thousands of movies and TV shows in my library. I've seen thread titles that mention cracked rims but never knew of any firsthand.

Now I'm not sure what to do? there's no way that I'm going to repurchase an entire season of the series just to get disc 3.

I can't imagine that anybody in the entire world could ever take better care of their discs than me. I'm obsessive abouy handling them and won;t even let me friends or family touch my films.

I think I might have watched this disc once before and have only owned it for about 4 or 5 months now. The crack is definitely not my doing.

Who can I contact about getting a replacement disc for this set? Do studios generally accomodate people in these situations?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

2. ScottR

ScottR Cinematographer

I have the same problem with disc four of the same set!

3. WillG

WillG Producer

Now that I think of it, one of my discs had a glitch as well. But it was awhile ago when I saw it, so I can't remember exactly when it occured. I believe it might have been in the "Mirror Image" episode though.

4. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Scott, isn't it so frustrating?

What did you do/plan to do about it?

Again, I'm super careful with all my discs and have only ever handeled this one at most, twice. I've never had this problem before.

How do I get the disc replaced before the entire thing cracks in half altogether?

5. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp

Russell
    No cracks on my set, but the Beavis episode got the jitters half way through. I rubbed the shit out of it, and it seems to be ok now, watchable but not perfect. I'm as obssessive as anyone about handling these as well, so I'm sure it's not from my negligence.

I've never had to deal with IMAGE, are they decent about exchanging discs? The problem with TV-dvd's is it's near impossible to watch them in the 30 day time frame most companies give you.

6. ScottR

ScottR Cinematographer

Well, I had them send me another disc five case because mine was damaged. I'm afraid to contact them again!

7. Steve...O

Steve...O Producer

Steve
    When season 5 of the Dick Van Dyke show went out with some bum discs Image was very good about replacing the discs for people who had a problem, even to the point of setting up a special phone number.

Granted, this is a different situation but I can't imagine that Image wouldn't be accomodating especially if you sent the original disc back in.

I've found that smaller labels like Image and MPI have been very good from a customer service standpoint.

Steve

8. Dane Marvin

Dane Marvin Screenwriter

Just e-mail Image's customer service. They'll replace it. Trust me.

9. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Thanks for the help everyone.

Is the company contact on the box somewhere or else does anyone have an email or phone number?