Twilight Zone going OOP any time soon?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Nelson Au, Aug 25, 2001.

1. Nelson Au

Nelson Au Executive Producer

I thought I'd throw this out there. I checked the archived threads on TZ and I found no mention if whether the current 43 volumes of TZ that are available will continue to be available. Does anyone know more?
    I have a few on laserdisc and I held off collecting the DVD's. I hate to pass this opportunity so I started it up. As the Star Trek Original Series sets are winding down to completion soon, I need another classic show to throw my money at! I'm glad that these two classic shows and the Outer Limits were the very few that affected me growing up!
    Nelson

2. Daniel L

Daniel L Stunt Coordinator

All 45 volumes of The Twilght Zone have been reduced to $14.99, but I haven't heard anything about them going out of print.
    Daniel L

3. Nelson Au

Daniel-
    When you say 45 verse my mention of 43 volumes, I beleive you are refering to the 2 volumes that preceded the current volumes. Those two titled Treasures of the Twilight Zone and More Treasures which were released with a Panasonic label.
    Luckily I grabbed those!
    Nelson
    [Edited last by Nelson Au on August 25, 2001 at 05:17 PM]

4. Daniel L

Panasonic has not distributed the Twilight Zones since Image Entertainment picked up the distribution contract about two years ago. Yes, I also included the Treasure & More Treasures in my count of 45 discs.
    Daniel L
    [Edited last by Daniel L on August 25, 2001 at 10:51 PM]

5. Mike Brantley

Mike Brantley Stunt Coordinator

Are we certain that all The TZ volumes have been reduced to $14.99? Last I checked, that was only true up to volume #20, and starting with #21 that were list $24.99 (or $19.99 at DVD Empire, where I've been buying them).
    If they have all been reduced, that will help me get the others I'm missing much quicker. But I haven't found anybody selling vols. 21-42 at the cheaper rate. I think No. 43, the last one, is cheaper because it contains some "reruns" duped on earlier discs.
    Thanks for any info. Right now I have the two "Treasures" discs, the Rod Serling documentary, TZ Vols. 1-21 and No. 43. Gotta finish this set, but I'm behind in my Star Trek buying, too.
    ------------------
    Mike Brantley
    Our Theater:
    Mike & Cheryl's Screening Room

6. Daniel L

I just recieved the updates from Image on Friday, so most other stores probably have not updated their files yet.
    Daniel L

7. Nelson Au

I picked up vols 1,2,5 at Best Buy here in the SF bay area yesterday for $12.99 each. I'll see what the latter volumes are going for to confirm next week.
    Mike, I like what you did in your basement. Nice DYI effort on the chairs. I think that's cool you did it that way rather then these big dollar jobs you see in the HT magazines.
    Nelson

8. Mike Brantley

Mike Brantley Stunt Coordinator

Thanks, Nelson. I didn't have a lot of money, but I had lots of sweat and energy for the project!
    Daniel, that's great. Maybe I'll be able to finish up my TZ collection in a couple of big orders then. [​IMG]
    ------------------
    Mike Brantley
    Our Theater:
    Mike & Cheryl's Screening Room