What's new

Twilight Zone episodes on kinescope? (1 Viewer)

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter
I was wondering if anyone knows why 2 of the classic Twilight Zone episodes that were shot on videotape are shown on kinescope in the DVD set? The 6 episodes of the show that were shot on videotape are: "Night of the Meek", "Twenty-Two", "The Whole Truth", "Static", "The Lateness of the Hour", and "The Long Distance Call". Of these six, "Twenty-Two" and "Static" are on kinescope, while the other 4 are on video. I have seen "Twenty-Two" being shown locally on WPIX-TV in New York, and the print they show is on video. I was wondering why the print used on the DVD was a kinescope, as well as the one for "Static". Does anyone have any info on this? It would be great if they could re-release all 6 episodes and show both versions of each. Anyone agree?

Carlos

Mark To

Supporting Actor
Its possible that the original 2 inch tapes have deteriorated and have too many problems with them to be corrected. That would be my guess.

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter
True, the 2 inch masters may have deteriorated, but I just checked a VHS I have of an airing of "Twenty-Two" on WPIX-NY about 12 years, and they indeed did air that episode on videotape, not kinescope. My guess is one of two things, either, that video copy that aired can't be located or CBS didn't bother to check all the sources available before deciding to release it on kinescope.

Carlos.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks