What's new

Twilight Zone Definitive Edition (1 Viewer)

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Oh, geez --- "Come Wander with Me" was one of the worst episodes of Twilight Zone! :thumbsdown::thumbsdown: Gary Crosby was never able to live that one down....

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
I dunno, Jeff. Yes, it's hysterical. Yes, Crosby is awful in it. And yet.... it's definitely got an interesting atmosphere. Kinda sorta Lynchian, way before David Lynch came along (pre-Lynchian?). Kooky music, senseless narrative... sense of impending doom... And the way all those musical instruments come to life, as if leading the posse straight to our ill-fated hero? Chilling, in its own goofy way.

It ain't your standard T-Zone. But I can't deny that it works for me on some bizarre level. I like it. I don't love it, but I do like it.

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter
I just realized that the scheduled release for season 3 (June 28th, 2005) will be the 30th anniversary of Rod Serling's death. Co-incidence, maybe? But not when you're in...The Twilight Zone.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
I just realized that the scheduled release for season 3 (June 28th, 2005) will be the 30th anniversary of Rod Serling's death. Co-incidence, maybe? But not when you're in...The Twilight Zone.
Nice one, Carlos! Great stuff. Serling was - and still is, in an archetypal way - an awesome cultural figure. An incredible fellow; great mind, great writer.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Sorry if this has been covered before but...
Does anyone know why the only episode (excluding stock music ones) to not have an isolated score is Time Enough At Last? Did they have some type of goofy legal problems with composer Leith Stevens (or his estate)? Or was Image just unable to find the score for that one? If it was legal issues, it was Stevens' only episode so I don't have to worry about any other 'missing' scores:)
The legal aspect seems unlikely but I was wondering if anyone knew for sure.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Thanks for the response, Stephen. Can you also let us know what happened with the Don Rickles commentary? Did the audio cut out at some point?

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
Tell ya'all what, I'm just hoping like hell that the score for "The Midnight Sun" is isolated. That's pretty much my holy grail when it comes to TZ music. But damn, "Ninety Years Without Slumbering" and "Living Doll" would complete my collection of Bernard Herrmann TZ scores. I guess all three are holy grails. :D

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
"The Midnight Sun" probably wins my personal award for Best Episode That I Haven't Seen a Bajillion Times. I'm sure that will all change soon!

Stephen PI

Supporting Actor
Quote:

Thanks for the response, Stephen. Can you also let us know what happened with the Don Rickles commentary? Did the audio cut out at some point?

I had nothing to do with the commentaries, but I will get you an answer in a few days.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I'll be on my honeymoon when season 3 hits.
Hey, me too! I've already told her we're going to see Batman Begins while there, and since we're going to a British Isle, I told her it will be dubbed with British accents. ("I say, Batman, you shan't be the victor in this contest!")

BrianRi

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone know if Amazon is going to lower the price on Season 3? Only a little more than a month away and they still have it listed for $89.99, which is only a %10 discount and very unusual for Amazon, especially for a pre-order.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
The best thing about the 3rd season of The Twilight Zone musically is the electric guitar theme used late in the season. I don't know why Marius Constant was ordered to go back to a more traditional version for the 4th season, but he got to bring back an expanded version for the 5th season (only for the end theme though) until late in the fall in which the electric guitar was dropped again....only to again be replaced by a bland, more familiar theme.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Are there more episodes in season three filmed on tape? I watched "Static" last night from S2, and the quality, while fine for what it was, wasn't up to par with the episodes that weren't filmed on tape. All of the taped episodes have a slightly blurry quality to them, and very often have lines that show.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
None of the filmed shows in the 1960s were transferred to tape, if that's what you're asking. In the 2nd season, of the 29 episodes, 23 were filmed and 6 were videotaped. That's it!

The 37 from the 3rd season are ALL filmed. Every other season except those six from the 2nd year were entirely shot on film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks