Twilight Zone Definitive Edition Season 1 - No Book

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Gary E., Jun 27, 2005.

1. Gary E.

Gary E. Auditioning

I had been planning on ordering this set for awhile, but the price tag kept getting in the way. So when the DDD sale came around, I decided to take the plunge. The reviews I had read mentioned that Marc Zicree's Twilight Zone book was included, but when the set arrived, it was nowhere to be found. Was this just a limited edition extra, or am I actually missing something? I was kind of looking forward to it - as many have said, Zicree's interjections can be grating, and I would have preferred to read the book. I searched the forum, but found no mention of this. Has this happened to anyone else?

2. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

The set only had the book for a limited time. If you really need it, it's only about $10 on Amazon and less than $5 on eBay.

Book or no book, the set is more than worth the sale price that DDD had it for. [​IMG]

3. Gary E.

Gary E. Auditioning

Well that was easy. Thanks for the help!

4. Jeff Reis

Jeff Reis Stunt Coordinator

If you have an outlet mall with a "Music for a Song" store nearby you may want to check it out. I picked up the Season 1 Definitive with the book for $80 there in Orlando a couple months ago.

5. Jay*W

Jay*W Second Unit
    Supporter

Season 1 at Costco does not have a book.

Jay

6. Chris S

Chris S Cinematographer

Chris S
    Costco might not have the book but at the price they're charging (~$56) I bet many people don't complain. I did read a good portion of the book and IMHO it's not worth much more than about $10 unless you are a true hardcore fan.

7. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

I was a bit upset as well. Only because they didn't lower the MSRP but didn't include the book.

8. Jay*W

Jay*W Second Unit
    Supporter

Chris,

I wasn't complaining! I had the book already and now have a second copy thanks to buying the set at Sam's Club when it first came out. I was just making the Costco situation known for informational purposes. I was delighted to be able to pick up Seasons 2 and 3 there for that price and would have gladly bought Season 1 at that price if I hadn't already bought my copy at Sam's for about $70.

Jay