What's new

Twilight Time's Third Birthday! (1 Viewer)

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Generally how long does it take for Screen Archives to ship an order? The order I placed on the 19th is still showing "pending". I'm assuming they are swamped with filling orders! :)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Mark-P said:
Generally how long does it take for Screen Archives to ship an order? The order I placed on the 19th is still showing "pending". I'm assuming they are swamped with filling orders! :)
I actually e-mailed them earlier this week. The response was cordial and expected. They received a lot of orders and were trying to get through all of them quickly. My order (from the 20th) was shipped Priority Mail today...expected delivery date is Saturday.

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
My order of 'Jane Eyre' was placed 10 days ago and still shows as 'pending'. My order was from the 19th so it doesn't seem as if there's any order in their prioritising ... Would international sales are delayed until domestic orders are shipped? I'm hoping this won't prove to be another debacle like my Barnes & Noble sale saga .. but I'm sure really that this is just because they're swamped, not because they're as totally inefficient and unhelpful as B & N!

ROclockCK

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
Purely pattern observation from these and other boards Anthony, and not backed up by a shred of hard data, but SAE's typical order of fulfillment *seems* to be:

[*]Domestic Single
[*]Domestic Boxed (3 or more)
[*]International Single
[*]International Boxed (3 or more)
[/list]
I've always assumed that this *perceived* shipping order is simply because any small, limited staff operation needs to group 'like' runs for optimal efficiency (e.g. type of packaging, customs form prep etc.)*

* Living up here in dogsled country and typically ordering enough to require a box, my orders are always near to last out the door anyway. Not an issue though; I'm in no blazing rush. To me, their care in picking/packing and preparing error-free border paperwork are more important...which SAE has never failed to deliver.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Jason_V said:
Just an an update...mine was delivered today.
Mike Frezon said:
I got my paltry order of two discs a couple of days ago.
Lucky dogs. My order is still in the "pending" status. But I ordered 6 titles including the signed copy of "The Front" which may be what is holding my order up. But meanwhile I've got 2 orders from the FoxConnect sale being delivered tomorrow to tide me over. :)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Not that I watched anything this weekend, Mark, that I got from them. I have been listening to The Search for Spock expanded score that I ordered at the same time, though.

Maybe next weekend!

Terry Hickey

Second Unit
Real Name
Terry Hickey
I finally ordered a few discs from Twilight Time because it hit my budget range of
less than $20 per title. It took a week from the time I ordered to receiving the
discs. I am happy with what I received.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
My order finally arrived today. Six beauties including the signed copy of The Front. This was my first Twilight Time purchase ever. Now I'm beginning to see the allure of the label. Lot's of care goes into these releases. for example:

Packaging - each release has an 8 page booklet with a replica of the original poster on the last page.
No eco-cases - these are the solid, sturdy blu-ray cases.
Trailers in HD and lossless sound - I don't think I know of any other company that uses lossless sound on trailers!
And most importantly, no forced previews or ads. At first I didn't even think there was an FBI warning, but it went by so fast when the discs loaded I didn't notice it.

bruceames

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bruce Ames
Keith Cobby said:
It doesn't look like the sale has caused any more titles to sell out.
Shouldn't be surprising, considering the ones that were on sale had lots of copies available. As for the others, if anything the sale may have slowed down their sales somewhat, as people were probably putting them off to make room for the sale items.

Two of my orders have arrived and two more have shipped. The only one that hasn't shipped has Used Cars in it so I probably won't get that for at least another week.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks