What's new

Twilight Time's Third Birthday! (1 Viewer)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I was simply relieved that the sale items I wanted to buy were (1) still available and (2) didn't crash the site since I ordered during the first hour of availability.

ROclockCK

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
It was slow going there for awhile Matt, with some thumbnails and buttons not loading properly. But once the mad dash for that signed Blu-ray of The Front was over, the site bounced back very quickly.

The action over the remaining 4 days of this sale will no doubt be more randomly spaced out. So no one should miss anything they're after unless there's a sudden run on remaining stock*.

* looks like at least a possibility with the Flint pix, given their strong showing so far.

Eastmancolor

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim Harwood
Happy Birthday Twilight Time!

I already have bought most of the titles I wanted in the past (which amounts to around 90% of the library), but I did pickup a few titles during the sale. ALAMO BAY, RAPTURE, NICOLAS AND ALEXANDRA, STEEL MAGNOLIAS and SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE were the sale items I ordered, along with the preorders for MR. HOBBS TAKES A VACATION, BROADWAY DANNY ROSE and WILD AT HEART.

I don't know what century I'll get around to watching all of them, but I'll have 'em!

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
In for In Like Flint. I can't believe the Flint titles are still available. I would've bet there were more than 3,000 Coburn fans out there for these great James Bond parodies which still delight me much more than Austin Powers ever did.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Kyrsten Brad said:
OK, due to the upcoming cruise hogging all my spare funds, I only ordered one title on this sale. The one I think I'll like the most of course and a true classic.

attachicon.gif
CoverGirlMovie_20127.gif

Guess I'll eventually have to get Xanadu just to see Gene Kelly reprise his Danny McGuire character 36 years later. Hopefully it will come out on Blu.
I thought it was boring..but Im.not into musicals so much but these are all dependent on ones taste

bruceames

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bruce Ames
I'm having trouble getting through Cover Girl myself. I like Rita Hayworth a lot, but not too crazy about Gene Kelly unfortunately (seems every movie he has a long sequence or two with him dancing with himself, as if no partner can keep up with him). I love Judy Garland though and the musicals she is in, but for the most part I like dramas the most in the classics genre because they seem to be the most timeless. I thoroughly enjoyed Jane Eyre and Swamp Water and have watched both of those twice already.

ROclockCK

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
Day 3 of the 'Gang of 36' Sale (from SAE Weekly Chart):

[*]Wild at Heart
[*]Used Cars
[*]Broadway Danny Rose
[*]In Like Flint
[*]Our Man Flint
[*]Jane Eyre
[*]Experiment in Terror
[*]Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia
[*]The Other
[*]Sleepless in Seattle
[/list]
For the 3rd straight day, SAE's weekly chart is exclusively TT Blu-rays. Almost the same mix of titles with some more jockeying for position (BMTHOAG is down again, and SB has dropped out of range, while EIT is up again...with the first chart appearance during this sale by The Other).

"Neck and neck up the straightaway, and inching ahead...it's Bouncing Betty!!!"

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
bruceames said:
I'm having trouble getting through Cover Girl myself. I like Rita Hayworth a lot, but not too crazy about Gene Kelly unfortunately (seems every movie he has a long sequence or two with him dancing with himself, as if no partner can keep up with him). I love Judy Garland though and the musicals she is in, but for the most part I like dramas the most in the classics genre because they seem to be the most timeless. I thoroughly enjoyed Jane Eyre and Swamp Water and have watched both of those twice already.
You know that predilection is what inspired Billy Idol...

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
I think Cover Girl is a wonderful film, easily one of the best musicals, and preferable to Singing in the Rain. One of my favourite TT titles. I haven't bought any in the sale because I already have the ones I want. I decided early in the format to only buy my most favourite titles irrespective of cost. My days of filling my shelves with cheaper titles that I know I won't watch have ended.

bruceames

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bruce Ames
schan1269 said:
You know that predilection is what inspired Billy Idol...
No I didn't actually. Thanks for the trivia, just watched it on youtube. It would have been a really cool special feature but I don't think TT could have afforded the rights.

bruceames

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bruce Ames
I bought quite a few during this sale. I wonder if there will be another down the road at some point...

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
bruceames said:
No I didn't actually. Thanks for the trivia, just watched it on youtube. It would have been a really cool special feature but I don't think TT could have afforded the rights.
Pretty sure he was joking. That Billy Idol song isn't really about actual dancing.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
TonyD said:
Pretty sure he was joking.That Billy Idol song isn't really about actual dancing.
Although...there are some movies that would be worthy of "spoof"-umentaries.

Wonder if Redman would task one sometime.

By the way...

That was more an indictment of Gene recalling "I don't have a name for my style of dancing"...as if, as great as he was, he was willing to say nobody else can dance like, or as well, as "I do".

Yes he is one of the greats. So is his hubris.

ROclockCK

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
Day 4 on SAE's weekly Top 10 looks exactly like Day 3 (see previous post). No change in the mix or rank.

If anyone has been waffling over the Flint films or Experiment in Terror, then I think you're quickly running out of time.

bgart13

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ben
I ended up ordering THE OTHER and EXPERIMENT IN TERROR yesterday. Let this show I do indeed purchase TT releases occasionally, regardless of criticisms I have about them.

ROclockCK

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
Well, you certainly weren't alone...

1 Full Week after the start of TT's 'Go36' sale, SAE's Weekly Top 10 Chart shows just how strong the action really was with some of their legacy titles (all from 2013):

[*]Wild at Heart
[*]In Like Flint
[*]Our Man Flint
[*]Used Cars
[*]Experiment in Terror
[*]Jane Eyre
[*]Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia
[*]Nicholas and Alexandra
[*]The Other
[*]Sleepless in Seattle
[/list]
Big surprise here is Nicholas and Alexandra in eighth spot - its first appearance in SAE's Top 10 since this sale began.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I wonder if the Twilight Time folks were in general pleased with the reception to their sale?

It certainly pleased me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks