What's new

TWILIGHT TIME MOVIES PRESS RELEASE: It's Twilight Time For Us! Our "Goodbye" & "Gratitude" Sale (2 Viewers)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I posted earlier in one of the threads -- I literally have every TT Bluray release (I'm not the only one apparently). I didn't actually start out to have a complete collection though in the early years (esp when it was 2-3 per month) I would buy them at preorder and then when they bumped to 4-5 per month I hit the early sales due to so many of them selling out fairly quickly.

After a while I'd buy some at preorder and then pick up a batch of 2nd/3rd tier wants during the sales to catch up and figured Nick and the TT idea was worth supporting. Interesting (not surprising) some of those ended up being better movies/discs than my 1st tier items so I never really overthought buying a TT. I didn't necessarily always love or even like every movie they released, but I was very rarely disappointed by any of them and ended up happy I got them (hard to say that about too many things in life).

I think I have 388 Blurays -- the 382 releases + 3 doubles I ordered either by accident or as part some package fill-in to get one of those Autograph items -- was going to sell them at some point, but never got around to it. I also ended up with 3 duplicate Autographed Copies where I already ordered the regular disc as a preorder (Audrey Rose, Baby Boom, Fright Night Encore).

I also have 4 of the DVDs so I guess I don't have every TT release. The only DVDs I really wish I had bought at some point The Flim Flam Man and Left Hand of God, but I kept figuring they's get a BD release and then they sold out in early to mid 2013 before I really considered buying the DVD as a backup plan

TT released a lot of movies that not only had I not seen, but had never heard of despite thinking I was at least decently versed. After a while you get to trust someone's judgment on what is or isn't worth watching.

Last edited:

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I'm curious about something, and this might be a question for either Ron or Bruce (who seem to know more about TT than others).

Twilight Time had acquired You Were Never Lovelier (Fred Astaire/Rita Hayworth), but were unable to release it due to 'rights issues'.

What happens to that contract?

Does the title revert back to Sony (it was originally a Columbia release)? Or has it already reverted (the other FA/RH title You'll Never Get Rich was released three years ago - April '17)?

I asked TT several times over the intervening years, and they said there were still 'rights issues' indicating there was an outstanding pending contract.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I did buy every single TT release, DVDs and BDs, including the Encore editions, at full price. No regrets. I felt the enterprise needed support and I gave it. I'm sorry to see it go, but I have enjoyed their releases. Some have been extraordinary discoveries. I can't complain. Ave atque vale.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I'm curious about something, and this might be a question for either Ron or Bruce (who seem to know more about TT than others).

Twilight Time had acquired You Were Never Lovelier (Fred Astaire/Rita Hayworth), but were unable to release it due to 'rights issues'.

What happens to that contract?

Does the title revert back to Sony (it was originally a Columbia release)? Or has it already reverted (the other FA/RH title You'll Never Get Rich was released three years ago - April '17)?

I asked TT several times over the intervening years, and they said there were still 'rights issues' indicating there was an outstanding pending contract.

I hadn't heard about that one. There are a handful of Fox titles that they officially announced and had to withdraw for one reason or another, and a few other Foxes that they said in some place or another that they had.

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
AWAITING SHIPMENT
Order #72224

10 products totaling

My order was on the tenth. Still waiting shipment.

Well at least I know it’s not just me. I too placed an order on 5/10, and it is still listed under “Awaiting Shipment” status.

I’ve always ordered through SAE, so ordering directly from TT’s site was a first. I hadn’t expected to order any other TT discs after buying several during a sale a few weeks ago. But with this official going out of business announcement and sale, I couldn’t resist purchasing 6 more. I’m not used to such a lengthy delay between purchase and shipping, but it’s reassuring to know others are also experiencing the wait. Plus, I haven’t received any emails saying items have been removed from my order so hopefully I’ll still get everything I selected on Sunday.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I’m not used to such a lengthy delay between purchase and shipping, but it’s reassuring to know others are also experiencing the wait. Plus, I haven’t received any emails saying items have been removed from my order so hopefully I’ll still get everything I selected on Sunday.

As has been covered in previous pages, the response to the sale has been overwhelming for Twilight Time's warehouses because they are experiencing a higher volume of orders than usual. I don't think there is any reason to be alarmed, and I'm not worried about getting what I'm supposed to get. I'm mostly just happy that if they must close, they are going out on such a high note.

Reactions: PMF

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Here’s to hoping that all those who are tirelessly working at the TT warehouse may be continuing to do so without losing sight of their own safety.

Stay healthy, Seattle;
and know that your output and efforts are much appreciated. :cheers:

Last edited:

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
If there’s any HTF member who might be interested in selling a used copy of “The Egyptian”, “Bye Bye Birdie” or “Crimes and Misdemeanors”, please PC me with a fair and balanced price.

Last edited:

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Now that I've seen several new replies asking why their orders haven't shipped yet, I am reposting this for those who missed it or the email from TT:

Important Update on Shipping
When we made our store closing announcement on Sunday, we could never have imagined the response from thousands of film collectors who have all come forward to place their final orders with us.

We are incredibly grateful for every one of your orders, and your support of Twilight Time to the bitter end.

As many of you have noted in the past two months, our ability to ship orders in high volume has been impeded by COVID-19, as our warehouse workers are required to follow stringent safety protocols for their protection and yours. This means that we can only process a certain number of shipments per day.

Unfortunately, we have received such a massive influx of thousands of orders in the past 3 days that our warehouse has informed us it will take a few weeks to fully catch up on shipments. All orders are being shipped out in the order received, and our warehouse is working 7 days a week to attempt to get through this backlog as fast as possible.

We ask your patience and understanding while we work diligently to meet this unprecedented demand. Please note that emails to our support staff may also be slightly delayed in receiving a response, as we are also fielding a great number of inquiries at the moment.

Thank you for your support and understanding!

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Now that I've seen several new replies asking why their orders haven't shipped yet, I am reposting this for those who missed it or the email from TT:

Important Update on Shipping
When we made our store closing announcement on Sunday, we could never have imagined the response from thousands of film collectors who have all come forward to place their final orders with us.

We are incredibly grateful for every one of your orders, and your support of Twilight Time to the bitter end.

As many of you have noted in the past two months, our ability to ship orders in high volume has been impeded by COVID-19, as our warehouse workers are required to follow stringent safety protocols for their protection and yours. This means that we can only process a certain number of shipments per day.

Unfortunately, we have received such a massive influx of thousands of orders in the past 3 days that our warehouse has informed us it will take a few weeks to fully catch up on shipments. All orders are being shipped out in the order received, and our warehouse is working 7 days a week to attempt to get through this backlog as fast as possible.

We ask your patience and understanding while we work diligently to meet this unprecedented demand. Please note that emails to our support staff may also be slightly delayed in receiving a response, as we are also fielding a great number of inquiries at the moment.

Thank you for your support and understanding!
I, myself, am not at all concerned as to when my shipment gets sent. As it is, I consider myself lucky that an order could even be processed during this wildly successful and eventful farewell. In this unique time of Covid and closures, the best thing to do is to ask of nothing wherever possible, to afford those who work the greatest of latitudes, and to recognize the distinctions between what is truly essential to our survival and to that which is not.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I just decided I didn't want to let go of the chance on Suddenly Last Summer, so grabbed that too. I've never actually seen this one, but am a fan of Tennessee Williams' other work so thought it would be worth a blind buy.

I wish I had thought of all of my nessescary titles simultaneously so that I could have saved money by combining shipping, but oh well. I'm sure I'll be happy I have it when it's sold out regardless.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
“Bye Bye Birdie”

I missed out on that one too, as I wasn't really tracking Twilight Time when they released it, and regret it. I have no interest in paying the prices that are being asked for it on eBay right now. But maybe we will get lucky and at some point Sony will reissue it. I know Sony reissued Oliver! and Sleepless in Seattle once Twilight Time's license expired.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
CRITICAL LOW STOCK WARNING at SAE

SENSE AND SENSIBILITY (1995) -- SOLD OUT

The last couple have lasted less than an hour after dropping below 50.

EDIT: 5 hrs is pretty slow for one of these. About 11pm ET I checked and it was still at 45 units and a bit before midnight they all went away in what looked like one big buy

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Before I post this question, I just want to reiterate that totally understand the delay in shipping due to the large volume of orders that have been coming in, and I am thrilled that Twilight Time is having such enormous success on the way out. If this has to be the end, they deserve to go out in a blaze of glory.

That being said: when someone orders a title, does it get pulled and reserved, even if it's not mailed for a few weeks? I hope their system is designed in such a way as to make sure that when a title is ordered, it is "spoken for" and thus can't be ordered by anyone else. If it takes a few weeks for them to send me Suddenly Last Summer, that's fine. But since we're talking about a very low quantity of discs there, I do wonder how they can manage to keep all the orders straight while they wait for shipping.

Does this question even make sense? It sounded better in my head.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
That being said: when someone orders a title, does it get pulled and reserved, even if it's not mailed for a few weeks? I hope their system is designed in such a way as to make sure that when a title is ordered, it is "spoken for" and thus can't be ordered by anyone else. If it takes a few weeks for them to send me Suddenly Last Summer, that's fine. But since we're talking about a very low quantity of discs there, I do wonder how they can manage to keep all the orders straight while they wait for shipping.

I assume if they have ten copies and they sell ten, it comes up as sold out so they can't oversell it. Basically, I'd guess it's first come, first served.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
first come, first served.

Right, I think you are right.

But I find it interesting how they then tag the item as "Jake's" or whoever's without shipping it for a few weeks. Of course, this doesn't really matter as long as we all eventually get what we order. I just think it would be fascinating to see how their warehouse works during this sale.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Before I post this question, I just want to reiterate that totally understand the delay in shipping due to the large volume of orders that have been coming in, and I am thrilled that Twilight Time is having such enormous success on the way out. If this has to be the end, they deserve to go out in a blaze of glory.

They use a 3PL to fulfill all their orders, so I guarantee you all sold quantities are reserved even if not shipped. This is standard. If they didn't do this they would have an absolute nightmare trying to ship anything.

AFAIK, the only time Twilight Time hasn't been able to fulfill an order that's been placed has been when there has been an inventory discrepancy in the warehouse. This only happened to me one time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks