What's new

TWILIGHT TIME MOVIES PRESS RELEASE: It's Twilight Time For Us! Our "Goodbye" & "Gratitude" Sale (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I don't have Ron's much more insider knowledge, but as I understand SAE only gets the unsold merchandise.

Assuming all the orders are already fulfilled by June 30, the Discs that are sold should stay in Texas and the fulfillment warehouse isn't going out of business (though I'm sure many think it should consider it). That 3rd Party Fulfillment warehouse has been paid to ship all orders and even after those are done will go on with it's other non -TT customers just like before for better or worse.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I guess they saw my question or others like it. A new email from Twilight Time.

Important Dates: Monday, July 6th will now be the last date we will accept new orders for Twilight Time films. Please note, orders will continue to ship after this date until all are fulfilled. The last date to place orders for regular and priority international shipping for all countries except Canada will be Friday, June 19th. Please note that international orders will also continue to ship after this date until all are fulfilled. Federal Express international shipping will be available for all countries through July 6th.

Shipping: Between extremely high order volumes and Covid-19 restrictions imposed by the county our warehouse is located in we are experiencing extreme shipping delays. The bulk of our orders came in during the first two days of the sale. Based on current volumes, we should have all of these early orders shipped in the next two weeks and the remaining orders shipped the week after that. We sincerely appreciate your patience as we work through the order backlog!

What will happen after July 6th?
We will stop accepting new orders after July 6th. Our warehouse will continue shipping all outstanding orders after that date until every order is fulfilled. The existing store will be visible online through July 20th. After that, it will be replaced with a link to contact our support team. We will continue to provide limited customer support through August.

Do you have all the titles in my order?
Unless you have been contacted by us, yes, your order will ship complete as ordered. We contacted some customers the week after the sale started about some oversold titles, and some last week after we found a mislabeled case of Alexander the Great, causing us to be short on that title. If you weren't one of those we contacted, then your order will ship complete.

I haven't received my order, are you really going to ship it and why haven't you yet?
Yes, it will ship. And we will continue to be transparent about out progress. As we've communicated, our order volume during this sale has been completely unprecedented. The orders from just the first two days of the sale account for 7% of the total orders placed on our site since we opened in 2015. This combined with the Covid-19 restrictions our warehouse is operating under are responsible for the shipping delays. We have now successfully shipped between somewhere between 65-70% of all orders placed since the start of the sale and are doing everything possible to get the rest shipped.

But when I look at my order, one of more products say "This product cannot be reordered..." or "Unfortunately this product is no longer for sale..."
Either of these messages simply mean that we are out of stock on this title, so it can not be reordered. If it shows on your order it will ship with your order.

I would like to download high resolution artwork. How can I?
On July 7th we will make all Twilight Time products we have ever carried visible on the site through July 20th so you can download the high resolution artwork or product specifications for your future enjoyment.

I really wish I had the opportunity to buy a title that is unavailable.
You may have that chance! We had a very limited number of archived copies of select titles at the office, including some titles that have been sold out for some time. We have shipped those to our warehouse and are in the process of inventorying them. Any included titles that went out of stock during this sale will have the sale price. Non-sale titles that have been sold out for some time will be sold for their original release price of $29.95. More details including a list of titles and when they will be available will be announced later this month.

Will the movies you carry be available elsewhere?
Maybe. ClassicFlix and Flicker Alley titles can be purchased directly from their distributors on their websites: ClassicFlix.com and FlickerAlley.com. We encourage you to signup for their email newsletters. Screen Archives will carry Twilight Time Movies until they sell out.

My international order shipped but hasn't arrived! Due to the current worldwide pandemic, packages sent to International destinations are being delayed either by limited international transportation options or by the destination country's customs and postal services. This is a situation that is completely out of our control. Most packages that used to travel by air are now going by sea. We ask that you remain patient as your package is in the international mail system on its way to you. Please allow several additional weeks beyond what is normal. We are finding that international packages to Europe, Asia and Australia are taking 8-10 weeks to arrive once shipped (2-3 weeks to Canada). In the unlikely event that your designated country has a service interruption and is not able to eventually deliver your package to you, they will eventually return the package to us. We will gladly refund any packages that are refused and returned to our warehouse.

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I would like to download high resolution artwork. How can I?
On July 7th we will make all Twilight Time products we have ever carried visible on the site through July 20th so you can download the high resolution artwork or product specifications for your future enjoyment.

I really wish I had the opportunity to buy a title that is unavailable.
You may have that chance! We had a very limited number of archived copies of select titles at the office, including some titles that have been sold out for some time. We have shipped those to our warehouse and are in the process of inventorying them. Any included titles that went out of stock during this sale will have the sale price. Non-sale titles that have been sold out for some time will be sold for their original release price of $29.95. More details including a list of titles and when they will be available will be announced later this month.

These were the 2 most interesting pieces in the email since I don't have any outstanding orders.

Plus since I've been playing with the numbers since the beginning of the sale
"The orders from just the first two days of the sale account for 7% of the total orders placed on our site since we opened in 2015."

The first 2 days of the sale -- roughly 5500 orders and 40000 discs if the order number mentioned on the forums are sequential

That translates to approx 80000 orders which actually about agrees with the order numbers than have been mentioned.
Or if he's talking units -- 570000 discs in 5 years depending which number they were talking about.

There were approx 230 TT releases after TTM website launched though I've never been 100% clear on how much stock was shared or exclusive b/w TTM and SAE.

Reactions: PMF

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
These were the 2 most interesting pieces in the email since I don't have any outstanding orders.

Agreed. The $29.95 "regular" price for copies of sold-out releases wouldn't apply to very, very early titles, since the first handful of Sony titles were $34.95, and from what I understand, the Fox title The Eqyptian was $39.95. So I'm guessing none of those will be available. There are five titles (other than The Egyptian) that I missed out on that I'd be really happy to snap up if they are among the ones that become available.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
For your own sake make sure any long OP Twilight Time titles you might be interested in haven't been released by someone else since it was a Twilight Time exclusive.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
For those who are still monitoring their own deliveries, my May 10th order - just moments ago - has had its status changed to “Shipped”.:thumbs-up-smiley:

Now, TT, about those “archived” titles... ;)

Last edited:

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
For your own sake make sure any long OP Twilight Time titles you might be interested in haven't been released by someone else since it was a Twilight Time exclusive.

Good point to make. Doesn't apply to me, necessarily, as I'd prefer for collector's reasons to have the TT edition. I can still get, for example, a German blu-ray of Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines, but if I can get the TT edition for a reasonable price, I'd rather have that.

To be honest, most of the OOP TT releases I don't have already are ones I don't particularly want.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Good point to make. Doesn't apply to me, necessarily, as I'd prefer for collector's reasons to have the TT edition. I can still get, for example, a German blu-ray of Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines, but if I can get the TT edition for a reasonable price, I'd rather have that.

To be honest, most of the OOP TT releases I don't have already are ones I don't particularly want.

Yeah, some of them may at least be available for import from other markets, especially UK, eg. many of the Woody Allen films, though they're often region-locked (differently from USA).

_Man_

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Does anyone know of a good source for a list of Twilight Time OOP titles?

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
You mean like this one? ;)

Or the "Twilight Time Catalogue" option on every TT disc?

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
You mean like this one? ;)

Or the "Twilight Time Catalogue" option on every TT disc?

Funny, Jake! ;) That's what I was looking for. The catalogue option on the disc isn't very useful.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The OP hasn't been updated in 9 months so quite a few items have since gone OOS. I added a post to the end of the thread that I think gathers the rest.

Or a bit more detailed with release date and sell out date -- you may have to manually change to the 3rd sheet if it sends you to Page 1. Scroll to the bottom and the OOP/In Print are separated out
TWILIGHT TIME Blu-ray Release Summary

Last edited:

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
I would love to see a group photo posted of those risk taking TT workers down in Texas. We know not of whom they are; and yet they spend every day filling out our orders and delivering a day of “stay at home” thrills to our front doorsteps. Not only were they overwhelmed by our orders, but they still and now continue to work in the face of an overwhelming daily count of new Covid cases. Albeit, not the traditional definition of front-line workers they are still, nonetheless, in the eye of the storm.

Here’s a toast to the good health of whomever these individuals may be.

Cheers...:cheers:

Last edited:

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
My last Twilight Time order (minus SUDDENLY LAST SUMMER that is) arrived today and it's a sad feeling knowing that they're gone. Farewell Twilight Time, and thanks!

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
All gone except for the several tens of thousands at SAE I guess unless you meant new releases which I have already been missing

And just noted that the March Madness prices are still posted. I haven't checked the whole list but nothing appears to have changed

All titles 2.50 (DVD)/ 4.95 / 8.95 / 14.95

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks