Press Release TWILIGHT TIME MOVIES PRESS RELEASE: It's Twilight Time For Us! Our "Goodbye" & "Gratitude" Sale

David Norman

Premium
First time in nearly 3 weeks I've heard of 1 or 2 new cancelled/refunded items.

One was for Alexander the Great -- email was sent to the customer that apparently a Box labelled as Alexander turned out to have a different title inside -- not sure waht the title was but it's a little suspicious that 40 ANASTASIA popped back into stock at TTM a couple days ago

No information of the 2nd item, but possibly a second unit of Alexander. There were only 50 units of ALEXANDER at TTN to start the sale unless they get at least some back from SAE to fill in some of the gaps in orders

Reactions: Jake Lipson and PMF

PMF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
May 10 #72224
Has shipped.
My TT time ordered on May 12th arrived today!!!
Miracle of miracles, my order finally shipped!
My May 10th order has been shipped, with all the titles I ordered. Whew!
Received notice my order of May 10 has shipped.
Never thought it was possible but, for the very first time, I truly do despise these 5 individual flaunters. Go ahead, guys, laugh...laugh all you want...see if I care. As a matter of fact, I’m gonna show you all up. And how’s that, you may ask? Well, that’s an easy one. I’ll just simply go and place yet another TT order and then, after that, I’ll have TWO shipments on the way versus your paltry parcels of ONE. So there, and ha-ha-ha...who’s waiting now?:P

Last edited:

Jeffrey D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I picked up my package this morning. All 5 titles I ordered were shipped (Beat The Devil, Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice, The Boston Strangler, The Chase, and Melvin And Howard). :)

Reactions: Jake Lipson and PMF

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Any wagers on what the last film will be to sell out? Kind of depressing to think about but just curious.
Well, there's still stock at SAE. As David has mentioned, nothing that they currently have in stock is currently under 50 copies available there. So even once TT's site closes up shop at the end of the month, some titles should still be available there for a while.

PMF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Any wagers on what the last film will be to sell out? Kind of depressing to think about but just curious.
Or, for that matter, any wagers on who’s will be the very last order to be shipped? Moi, for sure. But that’s fine with me, as they’ve undoubtedly been working very, very hard. :thumbs-up-smiley:

David Norman

Premium
My best guess -- Mother Wore Tights which still has almost 1000 copies just at TTM plus whatever SAE has.
Not a great movie even with Betty Grable and a less than stellar transfer. I guess throw a blanket over those last 3 Legs Movies -- Hello
Frisco and Pin Up and any of those would be a decent guess.

Even if they drop the price to $4-5 it's going to take a while.

Last edited:
  • Insightful
Reactions: skylark68 and PMF

AlexNH

Second Unit
Real Name
Alex Koutroubas
I just checked the website and Twilight Time has sold a lot of discs in the past month. Much is gone.

No Down Payment is a great movie and it now gone. I'm surprised it took this long. I just wish the disc had special features.

Reactions: PMF

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
I’m willing to bet the last disc standing will be Save Your Legs. Even with it frequently being marked down to $7 I think I bought the only copy sold. Shame, as it’s a sweet, feel-good comedy.

David Norman

Premium
You seem to be in a bit of a short list apparently. Even among those last 3 released movies, this one seems to have lagged behind.

I actually don't disagree with you, but the Bluray database has it in 60 collections and literally 2 comments in the thread other than the OP Announcement

Pin-Up has 1 comment, but at least it's listed in 80 Collections.

Hello Frisco Hello didn't even get an announcement thread -- 64 Collections

jayembee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jerry
I have wondered (might've been in this thread or over on blu-ray.com, or both) whether there's an office pool at TTM on what will be the last title to sell out. Someone suggested American Buffalo. Of course, that's at SAE. With what's left at TTM, I'd go with either of the two Film4-licensed titles: Carla's Song or Fatherland. Over the past five or six years, only one of the Film4 titles has sold out (When the Wind Blows). The others they don't seem to be able to give away free. They're all at the lowest price point (for the Blu-rays, anway), and have always been at the lowest price point during any sales.

Reactions: PMF and skylark68

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
over a month and, no movement on my order, but then it was a large order, so i understand the logistics during this time,

• Agreed

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
May 10th, brother Jake.:)
In that case, my final order will almost certainly ship later than yours. Their most recent email said that they are now focusing on the oldest orders that haven't been shipped yet. My final order was June 1, so I suspect I still have a while to wait, which is fine.

I mismanaged this sale by doing multiple different orders over the course of May, which incurred multiple unnecessary shipping charges that could have been avoided if I had been thoughtful enough to place one big order instead of separate small ones. The ones I ordered earliest, which were one title each, got here a while back, probably because it didn't take much effort to pack a single title. I'm okay with waiting on the last one (two titles) now that they have turned their attention to earlier orders. Naturally, since they are accepting new orders through June 30, it will probably be well into July before they actually get all of the orders out since new ones can still come in.

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
As we are now 15 days until Twilight Time website is to be shut down or perhaps to just stop taking orders, has there been any confirmation that they will continue to ship orders after June 30th or does everything shut down June 30th with the remaining stock going to SAE. Trying to decide by what date I should cancel any unshipped orders.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
As we are now 15 days until Twilight Time website is to be shut down or perhaps to just stop taking orders, has there been any confirmation that they will continue to ship orders after June 30th or does everything shut down June 30th with the remaining stock going to SAE. Trying to decide by what date I should cancel any unshipped orders.

Gary, absolutely they are going to ship all orders. The store is closing. The warehouse nor customer support is not.

• Agreed

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NC_Mike