What's new

TWILIGHT TIME MOVIES PRESS RELEASE: It's Twilight Time For Us! Our "Goodbye" & "Gratitude" Sale (1 Viewer)

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
They aren't shutting down June 1st. They are shutting down, I believe, July 1st.

And of course, no matter what, they are going to fill all orders.

From what I am hearing, they received a month's worth of orders on the first day. They were immediately backlogged with thousands of orders to fill.

What's worse, the state of Texas, where their warehouse is located, has mandated COVID-19 restrictions that don't allow their staff to work quickly (as they have to social distance) nor does it allow them to bring on extra help. They are working overtime on weekends to make up for the loss of help. This has forced them to rely on their own system of filling orders in a manner they feel gets them out the fastest.

If I hear anything further I will let you know. However, they aren't going to shut down and leave customers without their orders.
Thanks Ron, for the quick reply and information.

Reactions: PMF

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I lied and picked up Tony Rome/Lady in Cement and the Incident from SAE. I wasn’t going to buy any more TT titles but I do a little research and find another film I want to blind buy...

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
I lied and picked up Tony Rome/Lady in Cement and the Incident from SAE. I wasn’t going to buy any more TT titles but I do a little research and find another film I want to blind buy...
It never ends, does it? I'm contemplating doing the same. Ohhh, I think, what if the sale ends at SAE & I decide I want some of those? I can get it for less now! Maybe some late night I'll have a hankering to see Woody Allen dressed as a sperm!

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I wasn’t going to buy any more TT titles but I do a little research and find another film I want to blind buy...

We've all done it.

Or at least I have.

First I picked up How to Succeed In Business Without Really Trying, and I paid the relatively high shipping cost just for one disc, but it was a title I knew I really wanted. Then I was done.

Then I decided I needed State Fair, too. A friend was kind enough to let that tag along in his order so that I wouldn't have to pay full shipping cost again for just one more disc. Once I knew that was on the way, then I was done.

Then I decided I would take a chance and blind buy Suddenly Last Summer; after David mentioned it was selling well, I realized I didn't want to lose the chance. So I had to pay full price shipping for a second title after all, despite my friend's gesture of including State Fair in his order so that I wouldn't have to do that. And then I was done.

Then I decided that my friend should have a copy of Anastasia. If I had thought about that at the beginning of the sale, I could have saved myself some money by getting it from TT, but that didn't occur to me until they were already sold out. So then I had to go to SAE where both the disc and the shipping were more expensive. My friend is worth it, so that's fine, but I should have shopped smarter and done all of these at once at the beginning of the TT sale.

I'm trying not to go look through TT's catalog too much because I have gotten a lot of things lately and I really don't need another expense. So now I really am done. I think. But I've said that before multiple times in the course of this very thread. So I've obviously been wrong before.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
We've all done it.

Or at least I have.

First I picked up How to Succeed In Business Without Really Trying, and I paid the relatively high shipping cost just for one disc, but it was a title I knew I really wanted. Then I was done.

Then I decided I needed State Fair, too. A friend was kind enough to let that tag along in his order so that I wouldn't have to pay full shipping cost again for just one more disc. Once I knew that was on the way, then I was done.

Then I decided I would take a chance and blind buy Suddenly Last Summer; after David mentioned it was selling well, I realized I didn't want to lose the chance. So I had to pay full price shipping for a second title after all, despite my friend's gesture of including State Fair in his order so that I wouldn't have to do that. And then I was done.

Then I decided that my friend should have a copy of Anastasia. If I had thought about that at the beginning of the sale, I could have saved myself some money by getting it from TT, but that didn't occur to me until they were already sold out. So then I had to go to SAE where both the disc and the shipping were more expensive. My friend is worth it, so that's fine, but I should have shopped smarter and done all of these at once at the beginning of the TT sale.

I'm trying not to go look through TT's catalog too much because I have gotten a lot of things lately and I really don't need another expense. So now I really am done. I think. But I've said that before multiple times in the course of this very thread. So I've obviously been wrong before.
All I can say is when you see the "Twilight Time Catalogue" Menu item on your discs just remember ...
1590897870879.png
;) ...

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
"Twilight Time Catalogue"

:laugh:

Oh, from that I usually just find out more titles that I didn't know they had originally, which have since sold out, that I can't actually buy for reasonable prices anymore. So yeah, I don't look at that too much anymore.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
So now I really am done. I think. But I've said that before multiple times in the course of this very thread. So I've obviously been wrong before.

Yeah, I was wrong again. One of my closest friends told me that Three Coins in the Fountain is one gf his favorite movies, so now I felt like blind buying it on his recommendation. Which means that, again, I've done another single title order that would have shipped cheaper if I'd thought about it in combination with any of the others. Oh well.

I watched my blind purchase of Suddenly tonight and loved that, so I'm hoping for an equally terrific experience with this one. Not that I expect them to be similar in any way at all, but if I like it as much, that would be wonderful.

Last edited:

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
I watched my blind purchase of Suddenly tonight and loved that, so I'm hoping for an equally terrific experience with this one. Not that I expect them to be similar in any way at all, but if I like it as much, that would be wonderful.

I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed, Suddenly, Last Summer, Jake! It's a favourite of mine. I chose it for family move night when I was about ten. Needless to say, it put an end to family movie night. ;)

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed, Suddenly, Last Summer, Jake! It's a favourite of mine. I chose it for family move night when I was about ten. Needless to say, it put an end to family movie night. ;)
That was one of the few movies I was not allowed to see as a child. Rule of thumb: if it came from the pen of Tennessee Williams, I stayed home. I was 9 when Summer came out. Definite no!

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Bless Twilight Time and their customer service people.

After ordering Three Coins in the Fountain last night, I stumbled upon Carla's Song and decided it would be worth a blind buy for $3.95. But I didn't want to pay $5.50 to ship it separately while Three Coins was still pending. A very kind customer service guy named Randy said that, while it's impossible to edit orders after they have been placed already, he could refund the original order of Three Coins, and then I could place a new order with both items in there to save on shipping. So that's what we did. Also, it was very late at night when this happened but it only took me a couple minutes to get a response, and he was very helpful and nice.

Last edited:

classicscaper

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jacob
I ordered 22 TT discs late Sunday night/early Monday morning when the sale first launched, and I'm regretting now that I didn't have the forethought to strategize and break up my order into two shipments. Granted, I would have spent more on shipping, but it might have been worth the extra few bucks versus waiting 3+ weeks for titles that have now sold out. Fingers crossed I get them all, but with that many titles, I wouldn't be surprised if I miss one or two (assuming large orders are truly being shipped last).

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I ordered 22 TT discs late Sunday night/early Monday morning when the sale first launched, and I'm regretting now that I didn't have the forethought to strategize and break up my order into two shipments.

That's funny, because that's the exact opposite approach I took. I've gotten six titles since the closure, and the vast majority of them were individual purchases, so I spent individual shipping costs way too many times. Also, one of them came from SAE because I didn't have the foresight to get it before TT sold out of it, so the disc and the shipping were both extra. As long as I can track the shipment successfully after it leaves TT's warehouse and it doesn't get stuck somewhere, I really don't mind a wait; I've got more than enough to watch in the meantime. It's just when the post office does something weird with the package that I get antsy. But if I could go back to the beginning of the sale, I would have told myself just to get everything at once.

I hope you still get your titles, and think that will be the case for at least most of them. Reports of them cancelling titles appear to be few and far between relative to the number of orders they are now receiving.

Try to think six months down the road, when you've got all the Twilight Time discs and are waiting on something else to come along from Amazon or Criterion or Kino or something like that. Even though the anticipation and delays seem long right now, they won't always. You'll move onto anticipating another item after all the Twilight Time ones are sitting comfortably on your shelf. I'm not normally a patient person, but then I get what I want and I think, "What was I so impatient for?" Hopefully it works out for you. I think it's likely that it will.

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Looks like a couple titles on life support at SAE. I may not even get the post up before they sell out

JULIA -- 48 copies at SAE
TONY ROME -- 11 copies left at SAE

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
46 and 11 a moment ago. I'm shocked with the way these items usually disappear in minutes.

I know Tony Rome was 41-42 at around 10:30 ET and then 11 at 11:15, so I fully expected it to be gone by 11:30, much less most of the afternoon,

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Certainly took far longer than I expected for even one of the to sell out and I'm absolutely stunned that Tony Rome is still available.

JULIA -- SOLD OUT at both sites again.
TONY ROME -- still 10 copies left at SAE

EDIT/UPDATE
FWIW -- Midnight passes into Thursday and Tony Rome hangs by the skin of his teeth -- 7 UNITS left

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I just received the following from Twilight Time:

Twilight Time said:
We continue to make progress with our shipping backlog. We have now shipped nearly 60% of the orders received since our sale started on May 10th. You are receiving this email because yours is one of the remaining orders to be shipped. Up until late last week, our warehouse was shipping orders in the most efficient way possible to clear the backlog. They are now focusing solely on the earliest orders placed that haven't shipped and will continue to do so until we get caught up. Our warehouse is working 7 days a week to get your order out.

A lot of you have asked if you will receive everything you ordered. Unless you have been contacted by our support team and told otherwise, all the products you ordered are allocated to your order and it will ship complete as soon as possible.. Product is assigned to incoming orders in the order they arrive in our warehouse, not the order they are shipped, so even though products may appear sold out, if they are part of your order and you haven't been specifically contacted by us and told otherwise, that product is on the shelf waiting to be packed and shipped to you.

Hopefully, this relaxes some people who have worried about not receiving orders yet. Because I just placed this order on Monday, I wasn't expecting it to ship for a while yet. I'll be happy to receive it it whenever it gets here, but if that takes a few weeks, nothing bad will happen.

On another note, I just watched my new TT disc of State Fair. As usual, they did a wonderful job with this release. It looks pristine.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Certainly took far longer than I expected for even one of the to sell out and I'm absolutely stunned that Tony Rome is still available.

JULIA -- SOLD OUT at both sites again.
TONY ROME -- still 10 copies left at SAE

EDIT/UPDATE
FWIW -- Midnight passes into Thursday and Tony Rome hangs by the skin of his teeth -- 7 UNITS left
Somebody should put The Detective on it before it becomes The Lady in Cement ;)!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zionaesthetic
Recent bookmarks