What's new

TWILIGHT TIME MOVIES PRESS RELEASE: It's Twilight Time For Us! Our "Goodbye" & "Gratitude" Sale (1 Viewer)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I got an email today saying it could take weeks for my order to get shipped out.

I got that same email a week or two ago and from the sound of it I thought it would be well into June before my package showed up here. It ended up being marked as shipped on Sunday. So it might not actually take that long. I think they're just covering all of their bases so that if there is a delay, they notified us, and if not then they look good for getting it to us earlier than expected. Which is fine.

And: that package with Suddenly Last Summer was just updated with a delivery date of next Monday, so that's fine. I feel better now.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
My order, #75958, still hasn't shipped. It will get here when it gets here; I've got plenty of other things to watch.

I just decided I didn't want to let go of the chance on Suddenly Last Summer, so grabbed that too. I've never actually seen this one, but am a fan of Tennessee Williams' other work so thought it would be worth a blind buy.
As is the case with so many Tennessee Williams adaptations, it's sanitized from the original play. But it's nowhere near as bad of a job as Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, where the point of the play was missed entirely. All of the major themes of the film are the same as the play, it's just that the circumstances of the horrifying secret at the center of the story are mostly implied in the film instead of explicitly stated as in the play. It's a story centered around predation, in multiple forms, but the predation in the film is a little less shockingly predatory than the predation in the play.

My biggest issue with the movie is that it stretched out a one-act play to nearly two hours, to the detriment of the pacing. The movie drags at times in ways that the play doesn't. Montgomery Clift was deep in the throes of addiction to alcohol and narcotics during the making of this film, after getting hooked on painkillers while recovering from a serious car crash three years earlier, to the point where he was uninsurable. The movie takes the same approach to his performance as movies do with animals and small children: craft it in the editing bay. But Elizabeth Taylor is mostly terrific as the young woman in peril, until she goes a bit too over the top at the climax. And Violet Venable might just be my all-time favorite Katharine Hepburn performance.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
There's still no estimated delivery date shown, which is a little weird. But hey, at least it moved out of the originating post office and it is officially on its way! :)
If your estimate ends up anything like the ones I get, it'll be way longer than it actually will be. I live outside of Philadelphia and the package will be in Jersey City (maybe a two hour drive) and the estimate will be 5, 6 or 7 days but I get it within a day or two.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
My Twilight Time order, originally expected on Saturday, is out for delivery today. Assuming I do receive it today, it only took 2 days to get from Texas to New York . The post office works!!!
FYI the last order I placed was the first and so far only order shipped.

Last edited:

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Same here, status initially showed Saturday and now it will be delivered today. I'm in Oregon, which seems similarly distant from Carollton, TX. :D

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
My Twilight Time order, originally expected on Saturday, is out for delivery today. Assuming I do receive it today, it only took 2 days to get from Texas to New York . The post office works!!!
FYI the last order I placed was the first and so far only order shipped.

Was it the Post Office, though? The last couple of times I ordered from TTM, they were shipped by FedEx, and were virtually teleported to my front porch.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Received another email that my order on the 10th is still in their fulfillment hell. Encouraging news is that all titles appear to be saved for me. Alas we will see

Reactions: PMF

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Received another email that my order on the 10th is still in their fulfillment hell.

That's odd. I'm not saying this to brag, but my order of Suddenly, Last Summer was placed on the 18th and already went out. You would think that they would be proceeding fulfilling in the sequence in which the orders were received.

How many titles are in your order? My best guess would be that organizing and shipping several titles at once is more difficult or takes longer than an individual title, and I only had the one thing.

Encouraging news is that all titles appear to be saved for me.

That's the way it is supposed to work. First-come, first-served in terms of reserving titles. I've still only heard of a handful of people whose orders were unable to be completely fulfilled -- which doesn't make it suck any less for them -- but at least it seems to be a significant minority and most are going out smoothly, even if there is a delay.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
If your estimate ends up anything like the ones I get, it'll be way longer than it actually will be. I live outside of Philadelphia and the package will be in Jersey City (maybe a two hour drive) and the estimate will be 5, 6 or 7 days but I get it within a day or two.
It's like Scotty on Star Trek. You always tell the Captain it'll take 2-3x longer than it will actually take so that you look good when you deliver before the deadline. :D

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Yes, I received the package today and it was from the post office .
Could you please double-check your parcel and see if it’s been correctly addressed? I am more than certain that the addressee on the label should be reading as PMF.:D

BTW, did your parcel include any isolated titles for Jake Lipson? :lol:

Last edited:

Allansfirebird

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sean
Received another email that my order on the 10th is still in their fulfillment hell. Encouraging news is that all titles appear to be saved for me. Alas we will see
Got the same email and I also ordered on the 10th. I can't find any rhyme or reason to the timing for their shipping of everyone's orders.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I can't find any rhyme or reason to the timing for their shipping of everyone's orders.

How large is your order? It might be that it's taking longer if you included several titles. All of mine have shipped now but they were one title each because I didn't really think about the best way to do it.

BTW, did your parcel include any isolated titles for Jake Lipson? :lol:

That would be a neat trick, as my last remaining title most recently left Coppell, Texas. ;)

All joking aside, I do feel better about having tracking now -- it's only when I don't know where things are that I get jumpy, on account of having had the post office lose a few valuable packages in the past. Now that I can check in on its path, I'm much more relaxed and back to the "I'll get it when I get it" mentality.

Reactions: PMF

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Got the same email and I also ordered on the 10th. I can't find any rhyme or reason to the timing for their shipping of everyone's orders.
The latest in modern technology has been utilized to prepare and ship packages in the most efficient manner ...
1590726964401.png
;)

I placed my last TT order ever a week before the final(?) reduction took place. It took about one week to arrive by USPS. Prior to this recent unpleasantness, it took less than 3 business days from ordering to receive my order. :cool:

Last edited:

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Here’s my list of Anton Check-Offs:

It’s not by the sequential invoice numbers.
It’s not by the customers alphabetical last name.
It’s not by the size of the order.
It’s not by the sequential Zip Code.
It’s not by the order of the TT catalog release year.
It’s not by the total of CinemaScopes ordered.
It’s not by the total reviews we submitted on Facebook.
It’s not by the total of our purchases prior to the sale.
It’s not by the total of sent Telegrams.
And it’s definitely not by the pizzas with extra toppings sent to the midnight crew at the warehouse, during this past Memorial Day Weekend.

Maybe it’s by the various standing heights of each shift worker; and whatever shelves they can reach becomes the order that gets filled.

Yup, that the action right there.

See, that wasn’t so hard to figure out, was it?:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Suddenly Last Summer is now out for earlier-than-expected delivery to me this afternoon. :)

Edit: And a couple hours after I posted this, sure enough it showed up safe and sound.

Last edited:

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
I still haven't received an order I placed on the first Monday morning of the sale, May 10th. The order number was #72493. I've noticed that many people posting here have received their orders which are much higher numbers than mine. But like everyone else, I've gotten continual emails from TT stating they are sending all the orders out in the order they were received. So I've tried to be patient.

However, I received noticed yesterday that my second order, which i placed almost a week later, #77966, 5,000+ orders greater than the first, was shipping.

Now, the first order was 10 items, so it's possible they are leaving the big orders until last, but that doesn't seem to be the case based on the posts I have been reading here, as well as the most recent notification I received from TT yesterday, which again states they are shipping out all the orders in the order they arrived. If that's so, why haven't I received my first order?

Normally I wouldn't be bothered by this discrepancy. However, when the sale began, TT stated their online store would be shut down as of June 1st, which is one day away. I emailed TT yesterday, but so far have not heard back. I'm concerned that they will shut down tomorrow and my order will be lost in the confusion.

If there's anyone here who could reach out to them and express my concerns to them, I would appreciate it. Specifically, I'm looking for reassurance that my order is still pending and that I will receive it at some point, even though they are apparently going out of business as of June 1st. And if not, I would like a refund while they are still in operation.

Thanks!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I still haven't received an order I placed on the first Monday morning of the sale, May 10th. The order number was #72493. I've noticed that many people posting here have received their orders which are much higher numbers than mine. But like everyone else, I've gotten continual emails from TT stating they are sending all the orders out in the order they were received. So I've tried to be patient.

However, I received noticed yesterday that my second order, which i placed almost a week later, #77966, 5,000+ orders greater than the first, was shipping.

Now, the first order was 10 items, so it's possible they are leaving the big orders until last, but that doesn't seem to be the case based on the posts I have been reading here, as well as the most recent notification I received from TT yesterday, which again states they are shipping out all the orders in the order they arrived. If that's so, why haven't I received my first order?

Normally I wouldn't be bothered by this discrepancy. However, when the sale began, TT stated their online store would be shut down as of June 1st, which is one day away. I emailed TT yesterday, but so far have not heard back. I'm concerned that they will shut down tomorrow and my order will be lost in the confusion.

If there's anyone here who could reach out to them and express my concerns to them, I would appreciate it. Specifically, I'm looking for reassurance that my order is still pending and that I will receive it at some point, even though they are apparently going out of business as of June 1st. And if not, I would like a refund while they are still in operation.

Thanks!

They aren't shutting down June 1st. They are shutting down, I believe, July 1st.

And of course, no matter what, they are going to fill all orders.

From what I am hearing, they received a month's worth of orders on the first day. They were immediately backlogged with thousands of orders to fill.

What's worse, the state of Texas, where their warehouse is located, has mandated COVID-19 restrictions that don't allow their staff to work quickly (as they have to social distance) nor does it allow them to bring on extra help. They are working overtime on weekends to make up for the loss of help. This has forced them to rely on their own system of filling orders in a manner they feel gets them out the fastest.

If I hear anything further I will let you know. However, they aren't going to shut down and leave customers without their orders.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks