What's new

Twilight Time hints March 2014 and beyond (1 Viewer)

trajan

Screenwriter
Real Name
lar
Twilight Time told me that there is a least 100 Sony projects in the pipeline They said 'maybe ' on some of these ---LORD JIM---A MAN FOR ALL SEASONS---ROBIN AND MARION--FAIL-SAFE. They said 'their lips are sealed'.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
trajan said:
Twilight Time told me that there is a least 100 Sony projects in the pipeline
100 is a lot. Quite obviously both Sony and Twilight Time are happy with the way this project is expanding.

I hope that Lost Command will be considered. It's a strangely forgotten movie: strangely because it has one hell of a cast, a good story, a competent director and a great cinematographer, Robert Surtees, one of my favorites.

I wouldn't have thought Lost Command had any chance of being considered by Twilight Time, but if they are looking at 100 projects, anything is possible.

Yorkshire

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
Just looking at the threads for the last two release waves.

January/February releases were announced on the 11th October.

March/April announced 27th November.

In both cases that's about a three month advanced warning.

We should be seeing what's coming in May/June within the next week or two.

Here's hoping for Rollerball (1975) and Mississippi Burning.

Steve W

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
From Trajan's list I'd have Lord Jim & A Man For All Seasons. That would leave just Tom Jones (1963) as a sixties Oscar winner still awaiting a Blu-ray release. Lord Jim wasn't a success but I liked it, & a good HD transfer of Freddie Young's photography should look stunning (the DVD is very poor).

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Found this list of Columbia 3D films on another site. Since Man in the Dark is already released by TT, maybe Fort Ti is next if you go by the release date?

Man In the Dark -- released 9 April, 1953Fort Ti -- released 1 May, 1953Spooks! -- Three Stooges short -- 15 June 1953The Stranger Wore A Gun -- 30 July, 1953Pardon My Backfire -- Three Stooges short -- 15 August, 1953Gun Fury -- 11 November, 1953Working For Peanuts -- Chip & Dale, Donald Duck cartoon short -- 11 November, 1953Down the Hatch -- comedy short -- 26 November 1953The Nebraskan -- 2 December, 1953Miss Sadie Thompson -- 23 December, 1953Jesse James vs the Daltons -- 2 April, 1954Drums of Tahiti -- 23 April, 1954The Mad Magician -- 19 May, 1954

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
I was looking into the French release of Sam Pekinpah's The Killer Elite ( 1975 ) when lo and behold - Twilight Time will be releasing it sometime in 2014. It looks like I will have to start saving some money at the rate so many great titles are being announced.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Brent Avery said:
I was looking into the French release of Sam Pekinpah's The Killer Elite ( 1975 ) when lo and behold - Twilight Time will be releasing it sometime in 2014. It looks like I will have to start saving some money at the rate so many great titles are being announced.
Glad I saw this, almost ordered The Kller Elite from France. Will now wait for TT.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I'm totally perplexed that Sony never released A MAN FOR ALL SEASONS on Blu themselves. But, then again, I was pretty perplexed about OLIVER! also. Too bad these wonderful films are not being appreciated the levels they were in the 60's.

trajan

Screenwriter
Real Name
lar
Dick said:
I'm totally perplexed that Sony never released A MAN FOR ALL SEASONS on Blu themselves. But, then again, I was pretty perplexed about OLIVER! also. Too bad these wonderful films are not being appreciated at the levels they were in the 60's.
Amen

Sgt Pepper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Barry
Can anyone tell me please, when Rollerball will come up for pre-order as I really don't want to miss out on this one. Thanks

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
tele1962 said:
Can anyone tell me please, when Rollerball will come up for pre-order as I really don't want to miss out on this one. Thanks
In mid-April. The exact date is currently unknown.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
RolandL said:
Found this list of Columbia 3D films on another site. Since Man in the Dark is already released by TT, maybe Fort Ti is next if you go by the release date?

Working For Peanuts -- Chip & Dale, Donald Duck cartoon short -- 11 November, 1953
Disney was willing to let Al Michaels go from ABC to NBC, so that they could get their "Oswald's" back, so I don't see TT releasing this as a Columbia title.

But it would be nice to see some of the earlier Fox 3D titles in there as well,

Would Jump all over those Stooges Shorts, but then I want all the Stooges shorts in 1080p

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Disney owns Working for Peanuts outright. They re-released it 3D theatrically before Meet the Robinsons, and for home video the 2D version was on the Chronological Donald Vol. 4 DVD. The 3D version is on the very rare 3D Showcase Blu-ray, which I believe was only available through a player promotion. Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Brandon Conway said:
Disney owns Working for Peanuts outright. They re-released it 3D theatrically before Meet the Robinsons, and for home video the 2D version was on the Chronological Donald Vol. 4 DVD. The 3D version is on the very rare 3D Showcase Blu-ray, which I believe was only available through a player promotion.Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk
I remember seeing Working for Peanuts before Meet the Robinsons. Both had kind of boring 3D. Very little if any out-of-the-screen effects and very little depth. Same for Chicken Little.

Elijah Sullivan

Supporting Actor
BPullen said:
Yes they did. They also mentioned They Rode Together (1961), Bring Me The Head of Alfredo Garcia (1974), and First Men in the Moon (1964). Alfredo will appear early in 2014 and First Men sometime after The Blob (1988).
They have confirmed First Men in the Moon? That's wonderful! I only just saw it in the last few years (during an exhaustive and fun tour of old sci-fi movies) and it stood out as one of my very favorites. Could Twilight Time release more Nigel Kneale films? Anything such as Quatermass, Night/Curse of the Demon, The Abominable Snowman would be a dream come true for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks