What's new

Twilight Time hints March 2014 and beyond (1 Viewer)

trajan

Screenwriter
Real Name
lar
I asked them if one of the following films will be out in March 2014---HAWAII---EQUUS---MISSISSIPPI BURNING. They said yes,so take your pick. They also strongly hinted at THE TRAIN and ROLLERBALL.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
trajan said:
Just received this info from Twilight Time--They will be doing a poll here at the forum in the next few days in regard to LION IN WINTER.
A poll for a movie that the rest of the world has had on Blu already...for how long?

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
I have an RB Blu of LION but would definitely pick up TT's--John Barry's great Oscar-winning score, a personal favorite, on an isolated track? I may vote twice. :)

Paul Rossen

Screenwriter
Bob Cashill said:
I have an RB Blu of LION but would definitely pick up TT's--John Barry's great Oscar-winning score, a personal favorite, on an isolated track? I may vote twice. :)
What does"RB Blu" mean? Is the Blu in the OAR 2.35? Is the sound in stereo? How's the video?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I assume he means the Region B Blu.

Other than Amazon(and their worthlessness) reviews...I've not seen any. DVDcompare doesn't have it either.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
After reading up(and paying attention)...

Blu-ray.com has a blurb on the Japanese(which is Region A) and its OAR is supposedly 2.35.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Region B. It's a Scandinavian disc, in decent shape but more can be done with the title.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
trajan said:
I asked them if one of the following films will be out in March 2014---HAWAII---EQUUS---MISSISSIPPI BURNING. They said yes,so take your pick. They also strongly hinted at THE TRAIN and ROLLERBALL.
In that same topic they said one out of Rollerball, Alien Nation, and Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia that one is slated for March. So it is really 2 out of those six for March, apparently.

Out of those 6, I'd say Alfredo Garcia and Mississippi Burning are the titles most likely to show up. Although I'd love for a roadshow Hawaii to be in the offing that seems to be the least likely one to show up March.

Sgt Pepper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Barry
Just seen it's a definite for Rollerball one of my favourite films, I would love to know the specs on this one.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
The Danish release of THE LION IN WINTER Blu-ray (Soul Media) is from a Studio Canal print and it doesn't look very good at all. A lot of aliasing and poor detail. I surely hope that, if TT releases this, they will be able to pass along a much-improved transfer. One of my favorite films, as it is for many of us, and a multi-Oscar-nominee, which MGM has been ignoring ever since their mediocre DVD release.

Sgt Pepper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Barry
Dick said:
The Danish release of this Blu-ray (Soul Media) is from a Studio Canal print and it doesn't look very good at all. A lot of aliasing and poor detail. I surely hope that, if TT releases this, they will be able to pass along a much-improved transfer. One of my favorite films, as it is for many of us, and a multi-Oscar-nominee, which MGM has been ignoring ever since their mediocre DVD release.
I never new it had a Blu release anywhere. :huh:

Yorkshire

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
Rollerball would be a must for me. I'd also definitely pick up Mississippi Burning.

Steve W

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
The Danish release is a placeholder, that's all. Not a total disaster, but not what you would think we'd get for such a prestigious film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks