What's new

Twilight Time Announces Releases Sept/Oct/Nov, 2013 (1 Viewer)

Twilight Time

Insider
Real Name
Twilight Time
Thanks, Moe--TCM is not an "additional distributor" per se, but they will be ordering a specific number of units dependent on each title, directly from SAE -- so the 3,000 unit pressing number won't be changing, but there will be an additional "outlet" for the stock, if you will. We feel it's important as TCM has a big reach in viewing figures, we will be able to create interstitials, and generally speaking be able to cast the net a little wider.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Thanks for the details, Nick. I thought it was perhaps something else as TCM are offering the same pricing as SAE it seems with no markup on their end, as you see with Amazon.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Moe Dickstein said:
Thanks for the details, Nick. I thought it was perhaps something else as TCM are offering the same pricing as SAE it seems with no markup on their end, as you see with Amazon.
Actually there is a $5 markup on some of those releases.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Can someone please remind me how far out the preorders start for TT releases? I searched the SAE site, but couldn't see that info. Thanks.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
JohnMor said:
Can someone please remind me how far out the preorders start for TT releases? I searched the SAE site, but couldn't see that info. Thanks.
The Driver with a release date of July 23rd is the farthest out.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Robert Crawford said:
About 20-21 days.
I'm curious. Why do they keep doing the "about 20-21 days". Why can't they just publish the pre-order dates. With more than a few day's notice.

I understand that release dates may shift due to manufacturing issues. But since they already publish release dates well in advance (with the stipulation that it could change), just give us the pre-order dates. There aren't any issues that I can think of that should alter an order-by date.

David

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
David Weicker said:
I'm curious. Why do they keep doing the "about 20-21 days". Why can't they just publish the pre-order dates. With more than a few day's notice. I understand that release dates may shift due to manufacturing issues. But since they already publish release dates well in advance (with the stipulation that it could change), just give us the pre-order dates. There aren't any issues that I can think of that should alter an order-by date. David
If there is a delay after they start taking pre-orders, they would probably have to re-authorize all of the credit card transactions if it goes beyond 30 days from order date. That could be one reason.

Twilight Time

Insider
Real Name
Twilight Time
Yes, and it's baloney that the pre-order dates are not published in advance--for example we have just announced on FB that the pre-order date for the three August titles, SEXY BEAST, THE DISAPPEARANCE, and BODY DOUBLE is Wednesday, July 24th, at 4pm EST.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Since the pre-order can be more important than the release date, BOTH dates should always be listed when promoting the title. I realize dates can change or you might not always know the exact pre-order date that far in advance but even an estimate or a heads up that a title is available for pre-order weeks before the date is better than making it sound like the disc goes up for sale on one date when it's actually weeks earlier.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
And not everyone relies on Facebook. The press release should include both dates. It's more customer friendly.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Twilight Time said:
Yes, and it's baloney that the pre-order dates are not published in advance--for example we have just announced on FB that the pre-order date for the three August titles, SEXY BEAST, THE DISAPPEARANCE, and BODY DOUBLE is Wednesday, July 24th, at 4pm EST.
I'm not sure why the attitude of this post. We were asking a legitimate question.

You've 'just announced' the pre-order dates 16 days ahead of the date (but months later than when the title was announced). Outside of this thread, I hadn't seen this date.

And even though you've listed the release dates, we still don't know when the pre-order dates for these titles are:

DRUMS ALONG THE MOHAWK (1939) BLU-RAY w/Becoming John Ford (2007) - Sept 10th
ALAMO BAY (1985) BLU-RAY - Sept 10th
MINDWARP (1992) BLU-RAY - Oct 8th
THE OTHER (1972) BLU-RAY - Oct 8th
OLIVER! (1968) BLU-RAY - Nov 12th
THE WAY WE WERE (1973) BLU-RAY - Nov 12th
JANE EYRE (1944) BLU-RAY - Nov 12th

As for 'announcing on FB', because of the way FB is organized, some of the dates are already buried under other comments for those titles. Unless you expand the post to 'see all comments' you won't see these dates.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
David Weicker said:
I'm curious. Why do they keep doing the "about 20-21 days". Why can't they just publish the pre-order dates. With more than a few day's notice.

I understand that release dates may shift due to manufacturing issues. But since they already publish release dates well in advance (with the stipulation that it could change), just give us the pre-order dates. There aren't any issues that I can think of that should alter an order-by date.

David
I was asked about how many days before the release date does the preorder become active not when they publish the pre-order dates.

ROclockCK

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
Gee I don't think I've ever spent more than 8 seconds finding TT's pre-order dates on their Facebook wall...and I don't even have an FB account, which limits the depth of my click-throughs. Typically, they're featured in their own discussion block.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks