What's new

Twilight Time Announces March/April 2014 Releases (1 Viewer)

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Unfortunately, it is a Twilight Time release, so when I purchase Used Cars I'll probably lament about the price - "That's too f**king high!"

Just a joke for the handful of people who have seen Used Cars. :) Actually very happy to see it getting a release.

- Walter.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Robert Crawford said:
Not for me.

One of my favorite comedies from the 80s is Used Cars and I'm proud to say I was one of the few that actually watched it the first time in a movie theater. Though, it was quite empty when I did so. :)

All the King's Men is a great film. Conrack is another fine film I'll be buying. Maybe another title or two later on, but I see three definite purchases for me.
Dick said:
A big huge THANK YOU for CONRACK! A very touching film with one of Voight's best performances, which has been absent on video since the VHS days. Those of you who have not seen it, try to catch it on TCM or somewhere -- you'll be in line for the TT release. Total surprise -- never thought I'd see it. Love to see SOUNDER (1972), another Fox film I don't ever expect, but surely hope for!
Some mighty fine films, to be sure. Just none that call me to own them. But I would LOVE to get Sounder on blu.

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Definitely All the Kings Men - not too many older classics this time around though

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
couple of picks in there Used Cars, ATKM, and woody allen, would love to see Sounder as well,

looks like another year of TT not taking it easy on may wallet

Ernest

Supporting Actor
This is really discouraging not only are the titles mediocre but the price Twilight will charge makes them way to expensive. As Blu-ray buyers we are counting on "Twilight and Criterion to obtain the rights to very good catalog titles the studios have no interest in releasing. No interest in releasing because the profit from these titles would be low. Titles such as "Esther and the King" (Joan Collins), "Seven Cities of Gold" (Anthony Quinn), "Land of the Pharaohs" (Joan Collins). Hopefully their releases for May-June will be much better than this group.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
ahollis said:
I'm in for CONRACK, ALL THE KING'S MEN and MR. HOBBS TAKES A VACATION for sure with about three others that I will probably get also.
Those are my definite picks as well. Conrack, I've been waiting for a very time to finally get on home video. All the King's Men is a very enjoyable and well-directed classic (I'm sure a sight to behold in HD), and I simply like Mr. Hobbs.

I'm on the fence about BMTHOAG, even though I predicted that would one of the Spring releases due to the Peckinpah factor. Used Cars, Equus and Broadway Danny Rose are also potential blind buys.
Ernest said:
"Land of the Pharaohs" (Joan Collins)
That one's not going to be getting 3rd party blu-ray treatment from TT or anyone else. It's not only a WB owned title they released on DVD, it was reissued as a Warner Archive title. I really wouldn't get my hopes up on that one getting blu-ray treatment for a very long time.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
FoxyMulder said:
Wild At Heart has UK edition and French editions too should people not be able to get the Twilight Time release due to it selling out. ( unlikely )
Out of everything offered, I'd put my money on Wild at Heart being the ONLY title at risk of selling out, with the Peckinpah and Used Cars being second and third. I'm a bit surprised that Wild At Heart would even be offered as a title for such a limited release. If Criterion or Shout got it they could of sold thousands.

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
Ernest said:
This is really discouraging not only are the titles mediocre but the price Twilight will charge makes them way to expensive. As Blu-ray buyers we are counting on "Twilight and Criterion to obtain the rights to very good catalog titles the studios have no interest in releasing. No interest in releasing because the profit from these titles would be low. Titles such as "Esther and the King" (Joan Collins), "Seven Cities of Gold" (Anthony Quinn), "Land of the Pharaohs" (Joan Collins). Hopefully their releases for May-June will be much better than this group.
Really? All the King's Men is a mediocre title? It only won Academy Awards for Best Picture, Best Actor, and Best Supporting Actress, it also won five Golden Globe Awards and it based upon a book which won a Pulitzer Prize.

It may not be your cup of tea, but it's far from mediocre.

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
Steve...O said:
For those who haven't seen Mr. Koster's "Mr. Hobbs", you're in for a real treat. It's a great film with some truly laugh out loud moments. The Fox DVD has been one of my wife and I's favorites, and I look forward to this upgrade. Great leads with the delightful John McGiver in a supporting role. Thanks, Twilight Time!

I'm ashamed to say I've never seen All the King's Men. This would be a good time to fix that.
When Mr. Hobbs came out in the summer of 1962 I was a 14-year-old caddy a local country club. That week it rained four or five days in a row, so there was no work to be had at the golf course. My friends and I went to see the matinee of Mr. Hobbs three times! It has a great cast and music by Henry Mancini.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
Wild at Heart, my all time favourite. And coming from TT. That's just sad, but other releases are fortunately available.

Jeffrey:K

Second Unit
ALFREDO GARCIA, CONRACK, EQUUS, and USED CARS are all must-haves for me. Don't understand the carping about this list of announcements.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Jeffrey:K said:
ALFREDO GARCIA, CONRACK, EQUUS, and USED CARS are all must-haves for me. Don't understand the carping about this list of announcements.
I agree with you. Not sure why there is not more love for this list. I'm not excited about every one but what is not my turkey is someone else's. This is a good list that covers many demographics.

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
I'm in for "All The Kings Men", "Wild At Heart", "Equus", "Mr. Hobbs Takes A Vacation" and "Broadway Danny Rose"...still debating the merits of getting the other titles announced, but this IS a good, eclectic group of movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks