What's new

Twilight Time Announces January/February 2014 Releases (1 Viewer)

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
As a historical epic and soundtrack fan, I'd sure love some Mario Nascimbene films some day from TT, perhaps the much requested THE VIKINGS, King Vidor's SOLOMON AND SHEBA, ALEXANDER THE GREAT and/or FRANCIS OF ASSISI. It's kind of crazy to say that since THE EGYPTIAN didn't sell out in a heartbeat there is some problem with releasing anything in the epic genre. After all, it was priced at $40 and titles like PICNIC and BELL, BOOK AND CANDLE haven't sold out yet. The classic TV purveyor, TGG DIRECT has a twofer of SOLOMON and ALEXANDER out. I've been bugging them to put out a BD version for those of us who really want these two titles, since I'm a pessimist and pretty sure they will NEVER be released by anyone else in the USA.

Paul Rossen

Screenwriter
Ed Lachmann said:
As a historical epic and soundtrack fan, I'd sure love some Mario Nascimbene films some day from TT, perhaps the much requested THE VIKINGS, King Vidor's SOLOMON AND SHEBA, ALEXANDER THE GREAT and/or FRANCIS OF ASSISI. It's kind of crazy to say that since THE EGYPTIAN didn't sell out in a heartbeat there is some problem with releasing anything in the epic genre. After all, it was priced at $40 and titles like PICNIC and BELL, BOOK AND CANDLE haven't sold out yet. The classic TV purveyor, TGG DIRECT has a twofer of SOLOMON and ALEXANDER out. I've been bugging them to put out a BD version for those of us who really want these two titles, since I'm a pessimist and pretty sure they will NEVER be released by anyone else in the USA.
Perhaps THE EGYPTIAN didn't sell out that quickly was due to the fact that it was released in both Blu-ray and DVD.

john a hunter

Screenwriter
Paul Rossen said:
Perhaps THE EGYPTIAN didn't sell out that quickly was due to the fact that it was released in both Blu-ray and DVD.
There's an excellent Alexander the Great from Germany. Locked B so you need a multi region player.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Paul Rossen said:
It was also the only blu-ray that went for 40 clams.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
It was also the only blu-ray that went for 40 clams.
Yeah I can't believe I paid that (& I was out of work at the time!), but I'm glad I did. I fell in love with this strange epic when I saw it on our little b/w telly in the early sixties, so to see it looking great on a 46" plasma with stereo sound. Wow, & the pain of paying all that dosh faded after a while.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
I bought two of them right after they were announced and am I glad I did. Best $80 I've ever spent. I think I've sat through THE EGYPTIAN or favorite bits and parts almost twenty times since purchase. Besides DEMETRIUS, it's my favorite TT release to date. Sure would love more in that genre.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
I didn't get a chance to buy THE EGYPTIAN when it was available. I hope Twilight Time will do another limited pressing soon.

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
Richard--W said:
I didn't get a chance to buy THE EGYPTIAN when it was available. I hope Twilight Time will do another limited pressing soon.
Don't quote me, but I read somewhere (maybe in the Nick Redman interview), that the the 3000 copy license lasts for 3 years at which time TT can renew for another 3 year, 3000 copy license. The Egyptian was released on July 12, 2011, so I'd guess next July would be the earliest we'd see a new release from TT.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
atfree said:
Don't quote me, but I read somewhere (maybe in the Nick Redman interview), that the the 3000 copy license lasts for 3 years at which time TT can renew for another 3 year, 3000 copy license. The Egyptian was released on July 12, 2011, so I'd guess next July would be the earliest we'd see a new release from TT.
It didn't exactly fly out the door though, so I wouldn't hold my breath on them re-licensing it. Time will tell.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
Ronald Epstein said:
attachicon.gif
khart.jpg
attachicon.gif
zulu.jpg
attachicon.gif
titus.jpg
attachicon.gif
man.jpg
attachicon.gif
crimes.jpg
attachicon.gif
front.jpg
attachicon.gif
thunder.jpg
attachicon.gif
blue.jpg
attachicon.gif
eddy.jpg

KHARTOUM (1966) BLU-RAY - Jan 21st

ZULU (1963) BLU-RAY - Jan 22nd

TITUS (1999) BLU-RAY - Jan 21st

MAN IN THE DARK (1953) 3D - Jan 21st

CRIMES AND MISDEMEANORS (1989) BLU-RAY - Feb 11th

THE FRONT (1975) BLU-RAY - Feb 11th

THUNDERBOLT AND LIGHTFOOT (1974) BLU-RAY - Feb 11th

THE BLUE MAX (1966) BLU-RAY - Feb 11th

THE EDDY DUCHIN STORY (1956) - Feb 11th

What, no Peckinpah ?!

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Moe Dickstein said:
I imagine they would re-license most everything that sells out.
Everything I've been told about Twilight Time points that their priority is to move units, so I don't see them re-licensing a title to sit on their shelves another 3 years. Christine and Fright Night I can see them re-licensing, but not some of these others.

If it was Criterion then I would whole heatedly agree with you.

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
Paul Rossen said:
I highly doubt that any blu ray release of EXODUS will include an isolated score track. If one was available the score would have been released on CD ages ago...
The Exodus soundtrack is available on CD. I owned the soundtrack record album many years ago. It was on the RCA label.

Exodus Soundtrack

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks