What's new

Twilight Time announces Blu-ray releases March-June 2013 (1 Viewer)

ROclockCK

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
Twilight Time said:
Nobody appears to be much interested in doing extras for this, although we will try to furnish our customary isolated score.
Odd. Peter Bogdanovich seems to love doing commentaries...and does them well. Even his Daisy Miller and Targets DVDs had them. :confused: ...and you can't find a production backstory much richer than At Long Last Love!

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
Originally Posted by ROclockCK
Odd. Peter Bogdanovich seems to love doing commentaries...and does them well. Even his Daisy Miller and Targets DVDs had them.
...and you can't find a production backstory much richer than At Long Last Love!
For some reason, the debacle of AT LONG LAST LOVE seems to have embittered him to the point that even a belated appreciation won't penetrate.
In other news, I managed to locate the missing Eileen Brennan number I was talking about up-thread! Some nice person uploaded it to youtube last summer (with Russian subtitles!) I love her (not to mention those great spectator pumps!)

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Will Krupp said:
For some reason, the debacle of AT LONG LAST LOVE seems to have embittered him to the point that even a belated appreciation won't penetrate. In other news, I managed to locate the missing Eileen Brennan number I was talking about up-thread!  Some nice person uploaded it to youtube last summer (with Russian subtitles!)  I love her (not to mention those great spectator pumps!)
Now that Mr. Krupp is well worth watching. Thanks for the detective work. I have a feeling that this release is going to be talked about as much as LOST HORIZON. :)

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Will Krupp said:
For some reason, the debacle of AT LONG LAST LOVE seems to have embittered him to the point that even a belated appreciation won't penetrate.
I'm think it it's something like that as well, where he was embarrassed by the whole affair and wants to put it behind him entirely.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I'd never seen that before, so thanks, Will, for digging it up. Perfectly enjoyable, delightfully staged little number.

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
Originally Posted by MattH.
I'd never seen that before, so thanks, Will, for digging it up. Perfectly enjoyable, delightfully staged little number.
Anything for YOU, Matt!

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Originally Posted by Will Krupp
Anything for YOU, Matt!
Aww.
Anyway, that number has me psyched for this release. I think the last twelve months have been nirvana for us fans of weird 70s musicals.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
MatthewA said:
Aww. Anyway, that number has me psyched for this release. I think the last twelve months have been nirvana for us fans of weird 70s musicals.
That is one true statement. LOST HORIZON and AT LONG LAST LOVE in Blu in the same year. Now we need CAN'T STOP THE MUSIC. :)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
That actually would make a great looking and sounding Blu-ray (and the DVD doesn't upconvert all that well). Does Anchor Bay still own the rights?

Originally Posted by ahollis
That is one true statement. LOST HORIZON and AT LONG LAST LOVE in Blu in the same year. Now we need CAN'T STOP THE MUSIC.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
MatthewA said:
Aww. Anyway, that number has me psyched for this release. I think the last twelve months have been nirvana for us fans of weird 70s musicals.
Now we can all start beating the doors for 1776 ;)

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Nobody can release 1776 until Sony does the work needed on it first. It's felt that the new edit has to be done before it's put out.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Moe Dickstein said:
Nobody can release 1776 until Sony does the work needed on it first. It's felt that the new edit has to be done before it's put out.
New edit? So, they're taking out the depressing ending we got in the restored DVD? ;)

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Moe Dickstein said:
I thought Sony had already worked on that. At least in the 1776 thread I believe it indicated that for they had a tentative time frame for release.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Good Friends at Twilight, Nick any plans for this movie http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006GANY6/sr=1-1/qid=1360160830/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&qid=1360160830&seller=&sr=1-1 and boy Prince of Players needs work but can it be done?? and plus Id Climb The Highest Mountain

Eric Vedowski

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric
Regarding At Long Last Love, don't know if this story/link has been posted here already: http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/motion-captured/posts/peter-bogdanovich-screens-new-cut-of-at-long-last-love-and-tells-story-behind-it also Ebert's review is worth reading: http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/19750101/REVIEWS/501010302/1023

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Eric Vedowski said:
Can't say I agree with either assessment. Burt Reynolds, Madeline Kahn, Eileen Brennan, and John Hillerman are perfectly fine. Duleo Del Prey is perfectly AWFUL and Cybill Sheppard is perhaps only marginally better than him. Overall their two performances and the live musical recordings just sink the movie for me, and the performances of Reynolds, Hillermann, Brennan, and Kahn just can't save it, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks