What's new

Twilight Time announces Blu-ray releases July-August 2013 (1 Viewer)

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
SAE just announced fewer than 500 copies of Body Double remain and orders are now limited to 1 copy per customer.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Fewer than 100 now. Just ordered mine - my first TT release, but since I found Susan Dworkyn's Double DePalma (the making of Body Double) for a buck when I would have paid $15, it's like getting the blu for $20 shipped lol. Now I'll just wait to read it until the disc arrives...

Kevin EK

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Steve, thanks for the heads up.
The SAE page just shows sold out, but I was able to order it from TCM a minute ago.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
:(I may never get the copy I ordered. We moved to florida a few weeks ago and I forgot to update the shipping address with TT until earlier today BEFORE they shipped Body Double. They shipped it to. My old address anyway.

Derrick King

Screenwriter
I've been pretty open about how much I hate Twilight Time's limited edition model, but I have to commend them (and/or Screen Archives) for instituting the 3 copies maximum for BODY DOUBLE and hope they do that with THE BLOB next year.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
This of course cuts down on the Ebay profiteers, but some people do routinely buy a couple of copies of a title they particularly enjoy (eg: a "back-up" copy in case something ever goes awry), so I hope those who wanted a couple of copies for personal use were able to do so before the "1 per customer" limit was brought in.

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
I was hoping to read reviews before ordering Body Double, but having anticipated the interest, I have bought through SAE. Good to know that another title will sell out quickly, hopefully we will see some more 1950's films from Fox.

Derrick King

Screenwriter
Moe Dickstein said:
It was actually limited to one copy per person once it got lower.
I know, but don't they always limit to 1 copy once a title gets close to selling out? I was speaking about limiting it from the start.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
perhaps they do, I haven't paid attention closely in the past.Though now there's no limit on what you can buy since there seem to be several hundred copies available again...

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I watched Body Double today for the first time in at least 5 years and I had forgotten how much Brian DePalma lifted from his own movies for it. Nonetheless, I still enjoy the movie and it's a very nice disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks