Twilight Samurai (and other films)

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Jon_K., Oct 7, 2005.

1. Jon_K.

Jon_K. Auditioning

Oct 7, 2005
    New to the forum, but long-time DVDBeaver comparison addict. Looking to pick up the (currently) 'ultimate' version of Tasogare Seibei/Twilight Samurai. I was about, of course, to pick up the one recommended in the comparison (Shochiku release) but shopping around has left me confused. Sometimes the box cover art differs, sometimes apparently completely different releases from the same company appear (ex: the versions available on ','including a more expensive April 2005 Release). Is anyone familiar with these versions?
    A broader form of this question is this: While it is of course impossible for the comparison pages to be completely current, reflecting every version of every title, there are many films for which i run into this issue (Japanese version of Flying Daggers/Lovers, for example). Can anyone recommend alternate trustworthy sources when the Beaver is silent? Should questions about unmentioned titles be posted here?
    Lastly, is there a solid method for identifying specific versions (especially when shopping online), such as through ISBN numbers (don't know how those work, especially internationally)?
    I apologize for the length of this post, any answers to the (many) questions above would be greatly appreciated.
  2. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

Dec 28, 1998