What's new

Tweeter replacement (1 Viewer)

Jack Keck

Second Unit
Hope I picked the right area for this one.

The tweeter on one of my Polk Monitor 7Cs blew. Polk wants $60 for the replacement part plus shipping. The speakers are 22 years old. Should I try replacing the tweeter or start thinking about new speakers? Might there be a less expensive alternative to the Polk replacement tweeter?

Bear in mind that I have a degree from a major university and am a career civil servant (25 1/2 years) and have done nothing other than plugging in the componants for my stereo. Therefore, I wonder if I have the skill to even try this.

Thanks,

Jack Keck

Second Unit
Thanks, Jack. That looks EXACTLY like my tweeter, which have BLACK domes. I've since received an e-mail from Polk which said that if I can use a screwdriver, I can do the job myself.

This brings up another possibility, though. Since I currently have a two channel set-up, it seems that I could get four of these. One to replace my blown one and the others to build matching surrounds/center.

CRAP, now I gotta learn about building speakers, don't I?

Thanks, again.

Jack

Jack Keck

Second Unit
My Peerless tweeter from Parts Express. It fit perfectly and sounds great. Thanks again, Jack.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks