Tweeter Gone 6 Weeks...Thanks Paradigm!!

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Alan Pummill, Jul 17, 2003.

1. Alan Pummill

Alan Pummill Screenwriter

I took the tweeter that went out on my CC-350 center channel speaker back to SoundWaves at the Dayton Mall on June 2nd. They called yesterday to say that it had finally got back from Paradigm!![​IMG]

Six weeks is WAY longer than it should have taken. This makes me wonder if I want to upgrade to the Studio series or maybe look at another speaker maker for my upgrade!!

Bad customer service from Paradigm...SoundWaves!! BAD!!

2. Brett DiMichele

Brett DiMichele Producer

The tweeters went out in my AR9's that I purchased over the
    internet... And through fault of my own no less... I emailed
    AR and got an RA from AR's tech service facilities and 3
    days later had my two brand new tweeters...

I guess you can't always judge a company by it's name..

Sorry to hear about the slow process you had to go through!

3. Tony Genovese

Tony Genovese Supporting Actor

Your experience is typical, IMHO. I'd look at other brands when upgrading. Paradigm is a VERY customer UNfriendly company. There are many speaker manufacturers that kiss the customer's behind (Paradigm ain't one of them). Choose one of them. I've had good experience with replacements from NHT, and M&K. I was back up an running with new tweeters within days from each of them.

4. Steve_D

Steve_D Second Unit

I got my tweeter back from 'digm within a week, and a crossover within a week another time. YMMV

5. Chris Quinn

Chris Quinn Screenwriter

Are you sure the dealer didn't sit on it some during that time? Six weeks is unacceptable.

6. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    My friend blew one of his 20s, got the replacement in a few days. Sounds like shipping time to me. If this is in fact a CC350, and not a CC370, then the tweeter has been out of production for some time and may have been harder to come up with.

7. JamieS

JamieS Stunt Coordinator

It took about a week at my local Dealer to have the tweeter on an Atom replaced so 6 weeks doesn't seem like a represantative time to wait.

8. James Bergeron

James Bergeron Supporting Actor

Took about 1.5 weeks for a tweeter for me

9. John Dunlap

John Dunlap Stunt Coordinator

Alan,

Sorry to hear of the bad service from Paradigm. I own Studio Series speakers all around in my HT but I have never had to deal with them on any repair issues. I have contacted them by e-mail with questions on other issues however; and I found them to be a little slow and uninterested in their reply.

Energy on the other hand has OUTSTANDING customer service[​IMG] . I had a new c-9 tower speaker that had a tweeter with a slight "ding" in it. I asked their C/S rep. if it would affect sound quality. He said that it shouldn't but just to put my mind at ease he shipped out a replacement tweeter at no charge, no questions asked. I have owned several other Energy speakers and any time I have needed replacement parts they have been lightning-fast in responding.

In your case though I wonder if this is more the dealer's fault than Paradigm's (??)

10. Karl_Luph

Karl_Luph Supporting Actor

A friend of mine had a Paradigm subwoofer and satellite speakers that all had problems. The sub was always shutting down for no reason and the tweeters went out in the others. Same thing about having to wait so long for replacements,eventually they did come in, and the sub had to be returned. Either they sell alot of speakers or they just have alot that have problems. It seems like a number of members have had to deal with the Paradigm repair dept.

11. Mike OConnell

Mike OConnell Second Unit

Mike
    I think it has more to do with your local store that sells Paradigm than Paradigm themselves.

I have a pair of Studio 60 V2's in the real wood veneer. The poly started to spider crack on the finish and I sent my local dealer some digital photos of the problem.

A week later I had new speakers and I just had to bring the old ones in to swap out to the store. Paradigm required that I turn the speakers in before they would ship me new ones, but the local store owner fronted the swap from Paradigm so that I would not be without the speakers for two weeks.

I though this was great service from both Paradigm and my local store.

Mike

12. chung_sotheby

chung_sotheby Supporting Actor

Kind of weird that Paradigm has really poor customer service while Anthem, which Paradigm owns, has some of the best in the Audio business. Just goes to show you.

13. Levesque

Levesque Supporting Actor

Paradigm did gave me fast customer satisfaction. When I first received my Servo-15 1 year ago, the woofer broke after 2 days. My dealer ordered one on monday, receive it the next day, and came at my house the wednesday to change it. Last week, the Servo-15 started to hum. To dealer ordered a new coil and came to install it himself 3 days after my complaint.

I think your problems are with your dealers, not with Paradigm...

14. Tony Genovese

Who chooses the dealers? Paradigm. So if you have a problem with a dealer you have a problem with Paradigm. If you want to live by the dealer, you have to die by the dealer. Paradigm typically refuses to talk to the end user, leaving it up to the dealer to handle the problems. If the dealer sucks, so does Paradigm. That's just the way it is, since the end user's contact with Paradigm (by their choice) is through the dealer.

15. John Garcia

John
    I sold some nearly 10 year old 'digms to a friend, and they are still going strong. Occasional problems are unavoidable for any manufacturing company.

Paradigm does not choose a dealer based on their customer satisfaction, AFAIK. They pick them based on location and their ability to SELL. Paradigm chooses it's dealers, but they DO NOT control how they operate.

You do not blame the car manufacturer if your dealer gives you bad service do you?

16. Alex Prosak

Alex Prosak Supporting Actor

I think the problem is your dealer not the company. I used to work at stereo shop and we sold Paradigm and never had any problems. Actually, we always kept spare drivers stocked in the warehouse so we could swap out drivers as soon as the customer brought their speakers in.

17. Tony Genovese

18. Levesque

Levesque Supporting Actor

Tony.

There is around 10 Paradigm dealers in my region. I just made my homework and choose a good one. If he was treating me differently, I would just go see another one... If your dealer is not good, just go give your money to another one that will be helpful. It's simple. It's your money. If you are not satisfied, go somewhere else.

19. John Garcia

John
    Yes, I don't like how Paradigm limits the number of dealers within a particular area, and if you happen to have a less than stellar one, well, you are screwed or have to drive farther. I have 2 within about 40 mi. One happens to be very close, and I have been dealing with them for about 10yrs. and they have always treated me well and been very helpful. When I have had problems, not just with Paradigm (I've never had any damaged drivers), they have been very accomodating.

20. Tony Genovese