What's new

Tweeter audio vs. moreaudiovideo.com? any experiences? (1 Viewer)

Blake_L

Auditioning
I'm looking to upgrade my ancient denon avr 600 to the 2802. i went to Tweeter audio over the weekend and found that the MSRP was $799.
At www.moreaudiovideo.com they sell it for $555. I could get the 3year warranty for $59 and come to a total of $614. I guess my bottom line question is has anyone bought from moreaudiovideo.com and what were your experiences. Am i going to get a denon shell with JVC guts?
I appreciate any help.
Thanks
blake

Scott Hayes

Second Unit
A 1-1/2 years a go I went to Tweeter looking for a DVD player. I had 400$ to spend. The salesman and I looked around but I didnt see anything I really wanted. So the salesman told me he would sell me a Toshiba SD_6200 for 400 but that it was a floor model. I checked it out and it worked fine. The salesman also gave me a 2 year warranty at no extra charge. He packed it up in the box and I took it home. It would not work. So I packed it up and took it back preparing to pitch a fit but there was no need. The manager of the store called the warehouse to make sure they had a new one and drove over there himself to get it. I had a brand new high end DVD player for 400$. I could not have been more pleased. I have had quite a few good experiances over at tweeter. I bought a B&K amp from them and the salesman came to the house after his shift was over to hook it up at no cost to me. (I was recovering from an injury)

Some times the extra price you pay at a store is well worth it when you can deal with real people rather than a web site.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I have ordered from moreaudiovideo.com once. Be aware that they do not double-box items before shipping them. Fortunately, my Panasonic RP-91 DVD player was arrived undamaged by UPS, even though it was only in the manufacturer's carton.
I will not order from them again because of this issue. On the positive side, though, my player arrived promptly from the site.

John Chow

Second Unit
If you talk to the guys at Tweeter, they may swing you a more competitive price. I bought a Pioneer Elite 301 CD changer from them before doing the price comparison shopping since I know they allow returns. I think I paid around $500 for it. I then found it online at buy.com for $380, and I brought it back to Tweeter saying I wanted to keep it, but that they would need to lower their price in order for that to happen. I think we ended up at around $425.

Users who are viewing this thread