Tweeking your Hometheater System?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by scott_tinari, Dec 25, 2001.

1. scott_tinari

scott_tinari Stunt Coordinator

Feb 10, 2001
    Can anyone tell me if you can tweek your Hometheater to sound better. I have Pioneer ELite 35 reciver and Energy EXL15 for the front and center and Energy take 5 in the rear, I have a Toshiba 5 disc player..IS there anyway except for the AVIA and SPL meter, to tweek your system to sound better, I have AVIA and SPL meter, but is there any other way to make you system sound better. Merry Christmas Everyone[​IMG]
  2. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

May 22, 1999
    There are lots of fairly inexpensive things you can do:

- Play with speaker adjustments. Try to get all the tweeters on the same level/height. Play with the front L/R speaker toe-in (hint: use a laser pointer). You can make the L/R speaker sounds intersect 1 foot in front of you, exactly on you, or 1 foot behind. Play with the center speaker by pulling it forward 1/4 inch in front of the TV, put feet/rubber erasers under it, or rubber door wedges. Play with the back speakers by turning them to face each other, fire off the back wall, etc.

You can also have fun playing with the VIDEO system. You can play with lights behind the TV, or build masks around the top/bottom to exactly match the bars on a widescreen movie.

Lots of things you can do.

Download the free test-tone generator or get a bass test tone disk. Try and measure the frequency response of your room below 120 hz and decide if a equalizer or Behring Feedback Destroyer would be of use for your sub.

Play with the sub position.

Good Luck.
  3. John Doran

John Doran Screenwriter

Jan 24, 2002
    don't forget to consider upgrading your cables and interconnects...
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]