Tweaks & settings for Samsung DLP (HLN507W)

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Joe Skibinski, Dec 28, 2004.

1. Joe Skibinski

Joe Skibinski Auditioning

Dec 8, 2004
    I've been working on the picture for my Samsung HLN507W 50" DLP, firmware 211, with the Digital Video Essentials DVD.

After many searches, and no luck, I was wondering if anyone could share with me their settings for the same model TV. I know no two sets are the same, but would like a baseline. The picture is good, but I am entering the "obsessive zone."

Any tips are appreciated![​IMG]

2. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

May 22, 1999

The entire reason for having the adjustments is because there are SO MANY things that influence the picture - no 2 sets will have the same settings.

The settings even change in the first 30 days of use, or when you move the television. This is why ISF calibrationists suggest waiting 1-3 months after purchasing a TV before having it professionally calibrated.

Using Digital Video Essentials is the best way to adjust the picture in your home. Then consider a ISF professional to bring in the equipment to calibrate the unit for any 720/1080 sources.

Yes, calibrating for the DVD player does NOT calibrate the unit for the other inputs. Each device that feeds your television has different voltage/signal levels. These each need separate adjustment.

This is another reason we cannot simply share settings. My sources are different from yours.

But I will move this post over to the Display Devices fourm where more of the calibrationists hang out.