Tweaking rmb-1066 Question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jason Caudill, Jul 4, 2002.

1. Jason Caudill

Jason Caudill Stunt Coordinator

I added a Rotel rmb-1066 amplifier to my setup this week. I really like it so far and think it meets my needs perfectly. My question is how should I set the input gains on the front? Out of the box, they are all set differently. I have video essentials and a sound meter that I use for setting levels on my receiver. Any advice would be great. Thanks and Happy 4th, Jason

2. Kevin. W

Kevin. W Screenwriter

From what I have been told(asked the same question), take a flat head screwdriver and turn them all clockwise till they stop moving. This sets the gain to max.

For a while there I thought I was the only one that owned this amp.:b

Kevin

3. Greg Haynes

Greg Haynes Supporting Actor

Like Kevin said, always set the gains to full and then use your processor/receiver to set the levels.

4. Jason Caudill

Jason Caudill Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the feedback guys. I think that this is a very underrated amp. I purchased it to start my moves to separates from my Yamaha receiver. I think that it has a clear, but not fatiguing sound with my Paradigm Monitor 5's. I chose it because a) I wanted to move to separates with the rsp-1066 to follow, b) I am going to be moving a couple of times in the next 2-3 years and I am not sure what configuration I will be able to run my HT in, and C) I wanted to add to my system for 2 channel music.

I am currently running it at 3 x 150, to power my mains and center and leaving my rears to my receiver. I would strongly recommend this amp to anyone looking for a 3 channel amp. Jason

5. Kevin. W

Kevin. W Screenwriter

I am currently running it at 3 x 150, to power my mains and center and leaving my rears to my receiver
    From the e-mail that I got from a Rotel Tech rep, he says the 1066 specs for THD/SNR in bridged mode are the same as non bridged. So you shouldn't loose out on sound quality.
    Kevin