Tweaking My Sony KP-57WS510

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Steven_Lazarus, Sep 9, 2004.

1. Steven_Lazarus

Steven_Lazarus Stunt Coordinator

Made the following adjustments in the service menu and thus far am happy with the results, any calibrators have any other suggestions on service menu tweaks that might be beneficial to the 500 series Sony RPTV's?

Category: 2150P-3

Item: AXIS -> 1 (minimize Red Push)

Item: SHF0 -> 1 (select highest f0 frequency for sharpness controls)

Item: SHOF -> 0 (offset for USHP)

Item: F1LV -> 0 (disable high frequency sharpness)

Item: CDSP -> 0 (disable sharpness increase in areas of high color saturation)

Item: LTLV -> 0 (disable edge enhancement, Luminance Transient Improvement [LTI])

Item: CTLV -> 0 (disable edge enhancement, Chrominance Transient Improvement [CTI])

Category: 2150P-4

Item: UDCL -> 0 (disable dynamic color)

Item: UBLK -> 0 (select neutral base data)

Item: DCTR -> 1 (100% Y system DC transmission ratio)

Item: DPIC -> 0 (disable dynamic picture / black expansion)

2. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

On AVSforum, there's a whole master thread Sony owners like yourself (me included in 5 days) for that type of RPTV. I'll get it for you and post a link to it.

3. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

Sony AVS forum master thread

Lengthy, but I did see some settings that look similar to yours. Helpful stuff, but there's no way I'm going in the back of the t.v. to change settings.

4. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Producer

You don't have to open up the tv to change service menu settings. You press a sequence of buttons on the remote to enter the menu, navigate and change stuff the same way.

5. Steven_Lazarus

Steven_Lazarus Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the link Jerome, there's a link in that thread to a go by which I kinda went off of. I played with various settings last night while watching "Once Upon A Time In Mexico" awesome DVD for adjusting PQ, shot in High Def, has really bold and beautiful colors and one of the sharpest pictures ever! JMO...So they differ a little, I think adjusting UBLK to 0 affected the color quality a tad to much for my taste by increasing overall brightness kinda washing out vivid color reproduction, so I set it at 2 instead of the factory 3 which looks alot better IMO.
    I still can't seem to minimize the pulsing in lighter colors though, I think as mentioned before it's a power issue due to the fact I'm using a transformer to drop the Italian standard 220 volt 60Hz supply to an American 110 volt 60Hz supply, the thing is I can't figure out how to get the Hz down to 50 which would be optimal... Thus my inquiry as to how to adjust screen voltages....