What's new

Tweaking a GWIII (1 Viewer)

Donald_S

Stunt Coordinator
I'm not really someone who likes to fool around with stuff, it's partly why I got an LCD rather than a CRT. But I find that I really *have* to tweak my KF-50WE610 or send it back. The colors are wrong (too red, too bright) and everything dark is flat black. So I've ordered the DVE disk which I should have next week. My questions:

1. Do I need to be able to get into a service menu to make the tweaks required, or can I do it from the regular setup menu?

2. If I need to get into a service menu how do I do it?

3. Am I insane? Should I just hire someone to do this?

I'm not looking for perfection mind you, just a picture close to what I get from an 'out of the box' direct view TV. The clarity of this thing blows away my 27" Proscan using 'S' video, but the color of the Proscan blows away the GWIII.

Thanks guys.

Donald

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
FYI, Donald, when you have specific questions about specific models you should post them in the appropriate hardware area, this one being Display Devices. A Basics-area question would be, "Can someone explain LCD TVs to me?"

As to your question, yes, you will need to go into the service menu to make color-decoding and grayscale-tracking tweaks. And this is not something for beginners or the technically disinclined. You also need specialized equipment. So that's why the home-theater gods created the Imaging Science Foundation.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks