What's new

TW40H80 to 50" Digital: Will I see a difference? (1 Viewer)

John Macri

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
I watch primarily DVDs and some cable TV (not HDTV), will I see enough of an improvement to warrant selling my TW40H80 and moving to a 50" Digital TV (Toshiba 50HDX81, etc)?

Thanks for the advice...

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Scan lines ... no scan lines ..

increased DVD resolution

Sit closer

More film like ...

Whether you will see the difference? Who knows? We cannot see through your eyes.

For most others that made the leap ... yes.

Regards

Greg Kolinski

Second Unit
When I got the JVC digital 56 inch I gave my old Toshiba 50in Cinema Series to my mother:emoji_thumbsup: .Now when we go to see her,ALL I can see are scan lines:frowning: ,and this TV had an incredable picture before I got the digital.DO it ,you certainly wont regret it!I cant wait to get HDTV signal:D

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I went from the TW40H80 to the Pioneer S533HD5. The difference is like night and day. The picture is so much better, non-anamorphic DVD's look so much better, and enhanced DVD's are phenomenal.

I don't even use HD and it was well worth it. And the bottom line is it's just bigger.

Not that I had any reservations, as my TW40H80 was getting a bit long in the tooth. But considering the new set cost about what I paid for the H80 4 years ago, I can't believe the value. You shouldn't even think about it for a second.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks