tvshowsondvd.com is down

mark27b

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark Pledger
CBS announced a humongous box set of The Beverly Hillbillies complete with cast commercials for every season and the music replacement debacle of S4 fixed for the set. Feeling generous, they're doing the same for My Three Sons! Then VEI listened and is fixing the edited episode problem on Barnaby Jones. All of this news caused their server to crash. (How I wish all of this were true!!!!!!!!) :laugh::laugh::laugh:
The Fugitive with original music on Blu-ray

Paintbeanie

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Peter
They have a new statement up now. Unfortunately they are going to twitter and Facebook. I hope they use Facebook as I do not use twitter at all. I was hoping they would at least keep the old website’s info as it was useful when looking up things.

Gord Lacey

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
I was beaten to the news here!

It's true - the site is gone. Sorry, folks... that's just the reality of the situation. Had I been able to say something earlier, I would have, but things were still up in the air.

As to WHAT we'll be posting to Twitter/FB, it's not going to be as often as we did on the site, but we want to keep some form of presence online.

Tony Bensley

Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I was beaten to the news here!

It's true - the site is gone. Sorry, folks... that's just the reality of the situation. Had I been able to say something earlier, I would have, but things were still up in the air.

As to WHAT we'll be posting to Twitter/FB, it's not going to be as often as we did on the site, but we want to keep some form of presence online.
Obviously not what we wanted to hear, but thank you very much Gord for providing confirmation as soon as you were able.

CHEERS! :)

GMBurns

Second Unit
Real Name
Glenn
That is really sad. I just thought my old faithful friend was in the hospital recovering, but now to hear that he has expired is a major disappointment. I am not really social media savvy either - does anyone know any alternative site that remotely provides similar updates? I guess it is not as tragic now that there has been a major downturn in classic tv releases, but I am honestly really sad about this news.

FrankPitt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Frank
This is truly awful news. That site has been a daily staple for years, and was one that I'd visit with great enthusiasm, always eager to see what was coming (and what I could preorder)! Here's hoping there's a reversal of fortune, and what seems like the end doesn't turn out to be that.

Jake Lipson

Executive Producer
Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
First of all - this sucks.

Second, a tremendous Thank You to Gord and Dave. You have provided such a great service all these years.

YOU WILL BE MISSED
Couldn't have said it better myself...which is why I'm quoting David, but I came in here to say pretty much the exact same thing, so, +1 to that.

Thank you!

bmasters9

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
^This site and sitcomsonline.com have users that are really great about posting current news and releases.
And that's why (albeit current stuff is not generally my cup of tea) this forum and SitcomsOnline will continue to be useful founts of all the latest when it comes to television disc releases!

tlc38tlc38

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Trent
^Me too.

Also, about not using social media. I'm not a fan of it but you can use the sites without actually signing up (like I do)...you just won't be able to comment or post, etc..

John*Wells

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
Gord, I would personally like to thank you, Dave and your staff for keeping me informed on when TV Shows were coming out over the last 14 years. As with some of the others, I located this site by reading tvshowsondvd.com. I look forward to following you on twitter and Facebook as time allows

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lozovoz