TV's

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by AbelM, Dec 31, 2001.

1. AbelM

AbelM Second Unit

Do you guys prefer Flat smaller tv's, or bigger tube tv's??

2. Jordan Forman

I'm by FAR an expert, but I chose a 32" Wega over a 36" curved. I mean, this was upgrading a 19" RCA, so the 32" was big enough for me by far. Hell, lifting that 200 Lb. bad boy was trouble enough, I coud only imagine a 36". I guess it's all up to personal preference.

Jordan

3. AbelM

AbelM Second Unit

Well see I have this Toshiba 20" Flat, yet my parents will give me their old (1999) Toshiba that sin't Flat, but is 36"...what would you guys do?

4. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

For direct views I can't even look at curved screens anymore. Flat screens can offer less geometric distortion and fewer reflections than their globular counterparts. They're also much harder to build so you pay for the luxury.

I'm moving this to the TV Forum.

5. Jordan Forman

Abel, if it was me, I'd go with the 36", but you have both TVs in front of you, which do YOU like better? I mean, the one thing I learned in the car audio world, is that it's ALL about personal preferences and what suits your needs best. For me, in my car, my Phaze audio components that I got cheap (paid $200, they retail for $800) sound as good, sometimes better than say, Focal or Dynaudio, which would have cost me 5-10 times the cost. Some people need a $1000 head unit, I think my $300 Eclipse plays just as well.

So, the question is, which is more important? The comfort of a large TV, or the exacting detail the smaller TV would offer you? Me personally, I'd take the larger TV.

Jordan

6. AbelM

AbelM Second Unit

Thanx Jordan...love your sig...[​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Dave Reichert

Dave Reichert Stunt Coordinator

I'm hooked on the flat screens too. Well my personal set isn't completely flat, it is a Sony KV27S42 which is a vertically flat Trinitron. I can't watch a bubble set anymore either.