What's new

tv's with no red push? (1 Viewer)

Mario_C

Stunt Coordinator
I am looking to buy a 4:3 NTSC tv that has no red push. My curent RCA has this. I was loking at the Toshibas. Any thoughts?
------------------
Link Removed

ThomasL

Supporting Actor
My 27A40 has a very balanced color decoder (i.e. green, red and blue all tend to be around 0 +/- 5 percent when calibrated with Avia using the blue filter. I can't speak for the current model - 27A41 or for the newer RPTVs from Toshiba. I can say that my Toshiba 20AF41 does suffer from red push (+ 15 percent) so I'm not hopeful that the new AF models from Toshiba will do any better.
cheers,
--tom

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Toshiba as you suggest, at least the latest and previous generations (the X81 series prior had huge red push, 20-25%). The H & HX series sets run at roughly 5% red pull (undersaturated) - I have made the same reading on my set (50HX70) using Avia, as has Jeff Kowerchuk (56H80), as has Gary Merson from The Perfect Vision (56H80).
------------------
--Jay
"No one can hear when you're screaming in digital."
My Home Theatre Pictures...
"You're no mesiah. You're, you're a movie of the week. You're a ... t-shirt, at best."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks