1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

tv's with no red push?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mario_C, Aug 7, 2001.

1. Mario_C

Mario_C Stunt Coordinator

I am looking to buy a 4:3 NTSC tv that has no red push. My curent RCA has this. I was loking at the Toshibas. Any thoughts?
    ------------------
    My Music & Home Theater System

2. ThomasL

ThomasL Supporting Actor

My 27A40 has a very balanced color decoder (i.e. green, red and blue all tend to be around 0 +/- 5 percent when calibrated with Avia using the blue filter. I can't speak for the current model - 27A41 or for the newer RPTVs from Toshiba. I can say that my Toshiba 20AF41 does suffer from red push (+ 15 percent) so I'm not hopeful that the new AF models from Toshiba will do any better.
    cheers,
    --tom

3. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

Toshiba as you suggest, at least the latest and previous generations (the X81 series prior had huge red push, 20-25%). The H & HX series sets run at roughly 5% red pull (undersaturated) - I have made the same reading on my set (50HX70) using Avia, as has Jeff Kowerchuk (56H80), as has Gary Merson from The Perfect Vision (56H80).
    ------------------
    --Jay
    "No one can hear when you're screaming in digital."
    My Home Theatre Pictures...
    "You're no mesiah. You're, you're a movie of the week. You're a ... t-shirt, at best."