What's new

TV's Best Seasons (1 Viewer)

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
The Shield, Season 1 : The intro to Vic Mackey, the raw gritty realism, the shaky camera work. All the seasons were great but if I had to pick one this is it.

Wiseguy, Season 1 : Loved the Sopranos, but the Sonny Steelgrave/Vinny Terranova arc is the greatest mobster story ever told on a TV show...Add to that the second half of the season, which featured Kevin Spacey before he was a star, playing the bi-polar arms dealer, Mel Profit. This show never got the props it deserved.

And, a second for Friends, Season 2 : All the characters were downright funny, and none had yet turned into the predictible bumbling idiots they later became.

Drabbard

Auditioning
Real Name
Brad Williams
The first season of "Quantum Leap" was a good one.

And, I'm probably weird for saying this, but I actually really loved the "V" series.

Finally, who can deny the first few seasons of "Cheers". Any of the first 3, at least, were great.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
The West Wing, Season 2 - Riveting from start to finish, shedding some of the completely useless characters from its first year (Moira Kelly, I'm looking in your direction...), dropping a little bit of the "made for TV cutesiness" that the first season had. I still think the season finale, "Two Cathedrals", is one of the best episodes of any TV show ever. All four of Sorkin's years on the show produced brilliant, way above average television, but if I have to pick just one season, it's #2.

Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Season 5 - though Season 6 gets a lot of flak from people, I love it, but Season 5 is just a little bit better. They took what would have otherwise been a beyond-dumb gimmick (the addition of a little sister) and made it work, and by the time the season gets to the end, the stakes have never been higher for the characters.

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Season 7 - the first time CSI tried to extend a story arc over the season by introducing an unknown villain whose crimes and methods were so exacting as to be completely terrifying. Episode for episode, it might not be CSI's best years, but what they were able to do with the Miniature Killer throughout the season made this season far more involving for me than any of the other had been.

24, Season 5 - I loved everything about it, but especially that when the season comes to its conclusion, we see that there are finally consequences for Jack's actions that he can't talk his way out of or run away from.

Twin Peaks, Season 2 - I know a lot of people prefer the first season, but the brilliantly twisted evil insanity of Windom Earle is one of the more terrifying things I've ever seen on TV.

Arrested Development, Season 3 - It's just insane, in the best possible way.

The Sopranos, Season 3 - OK, Season 2 was actually way better, but I worked on Season 3 and I'm letting personal bias get in the way and I'm alright with that
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

I'm sure I'm forgetting some, but those came to mind immediately.

Diallo B

Screenwriter
how can no one mention "Space: Above and Beyond."

although it was only one season it had some of the best sci-fi, outer space, war drama seen on network television. too bad this was another show fox ran into the ground with contant pre-empts and moving it around the week. however, at least we got some semi-decent closure with this show.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I should have listed Dexter 1-3. I had a lot of doubts about Season 3, but once things fell into place.. still, if I were to pick any of them, Season 2 was unbelievable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks