What's new

tv (1 Viewer)

Youssef

Stunt Coordinator
well thanks for the suggestions guys. I suppose i could increase the spending limit to about $3,000. I also really don't mind the 28" depth of the tv b/c it is going to be placed inside the wall where theres a cut out of 26" deep. So do you think a DLP would be a good choice for the money or would a traditional big screen be a better bet? Remember that my #1 concern is how good the picture is for DVD's.

SimiA

Second Unit
You have quite a choice for the money you have.
LCD, DLP, Plasma, FP....
I'd go for an Plasma, Panasonic to be specific. An ED panel.(less than $2400 for a 42")
Best DVD PQ of any screens out there. Most 3D like.
DLP doesn't have anywhere near the bulb life they claim, and a replacement is over $300.
RPTV's are not a bad choice, but there PQ is not as stunning as plasma, and their off angle viewing deminishes the more off angle you are.
Now, your PQ is going to be dependent on the signal it's fed. Same goes for a DVD. If the transfer is not great, your set will display a less than great picture.
Some folks don't like an SD signal on an HD set, and since there is still a lot of SD signal out there, you may be disappointed with the PQ on an HD set, you may not.
The set I have is the Panasonic 42PWD6UY. Great set for the $$$. I also bought the 37" model.
Displays an SD signal well, and when you feed an HD signal to this set, the PQ is phenomenal!!!!
You really can't tell the difference between an HD & ED set. Some would beg to differ on that!
Of course, this is just my opinion, but I did a lot of research; drove salesmen crazy.
I brought in DVDs to view on the sets I was interested in. I ask them to rearange inputs so I could see what HD, SD, and DVD looked like. They loved me.:wink:
Hope you get what your eyes tell you is the best bang for the $$$.
Vb

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks