TV with RGB connector

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matthew_F, Nov 25, 2002.

1. Matthew_F

Matthew_F Stunt Coordinator

Hi,
    Just wondering, are there any CRT TVs which havea a RGB connector? I want to use this for connecting an arcade system to a home TV set.

Thanks

2. Allan Jayne

Allan Jayne Cinematographer

Do you know what the scan rate of the arcade unit's RGB video output is? Namely is it regular NTSC which is 480i, in which case there are studio monitors with RGB connectors. (These monitors are quite expensive and not sold through consumer stores like Best Buy).
    Or is it 480p progressive NTSC with separate horizontal and vertical sync. in which case a computer monitor can be used?
    There are transcoders (color space translators) that change RGB to Y/Pb/Pr component video. I am not sure where to get the best ones, they too have to accommodate the scan rate of the arcade unit. You would then use an ordinary or HDTV ready TV provided it takes component video input of the arcade's scan rate.
    Video hints:
    http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

3. Matthew_F

Matthew_F Stunt Coordinator

Well the scanrate for the arcade system (Marvel Vs. Capcom 2) the scan rate can be adjust 15K or 31K (depends on monitor).

Actaully yes, I was wondering if there is an HDTV ready unit which has an RGB because in the maunal, it saids VGA/SVGA cable required. I'm not sure which TV brand names have the VGA/SVGA inputs which I'm looking for.