What's new

TV Video problems (1 Viewer)

geoff dixon

Agent
I have a 33inch Sanyo TV which is 4.3 ratio. my DVD player is a Panasonic RV32,
I have a problem with a few discs which go to black level and a quick return to peak white. this video excursion makes the whole picure very unstable with video clipping the sync. "Zoom" facility which I hate to do! corrects the instability, is the TV too old at 7 years? to be compatible with DVD technology? I have the disc "High Fidelty" which is a disc that exibits this problem.Can anyone help?

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Do you have it connected through a VCR? Connecting via a VCR will trigger macrovision copy protection, which causes the screen to get brighter/darker. In order to avoid this, find a TV with A/V inputs, or buy a RF modulator from an electronics store like radio shack.

-Vince

geoff dixon

Agent
HI Vince
My Dvd player is connected via SVHS out to SVHS input of the TV receiver. I have a macrovision elimininator which I have connected to my VCR for duplication purposes from DVD, I know almost all DVDs carry macrovision protection, I have a "A BUGS LIFE" also that gives the same proplem whilst opening, and in the wide screen mode, its the transistion of video in quick sucession to peak white from black, the TV monitor just cant handle such transistions of video, I get the same probs with any action when the video swings are fast, if on VCR these probs dont occur, I have the VCR hooked to the AV in of the monitor.
I have jusy discovered that the problem occurs only if I use the SVHS output from the DVD player to the Monitor SVHS input,If I choose the video output of the DVD player and switch the Monitor to the other video input source the problem dissapears and all is well, whats wrong with the input signal to the monitor when in SVHS mode? , is it an excessive level at 1 volt? because the video out is also 1 volt, and no probs in this mode, Iam somewhat confused,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks