TV Tuner Interference

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rob Landolfi, Feb 1, 2003.

1. Rob Landolfi

Rob Landolfi Stunt Coordinator

In my new PC, I put in an AverMedia Stereo TV Tuner Card and have found that several channels have enough interference so as to make them nearly unwatchable. Other channels look pristine, so I don't think the card is the issue. The "fine tune" function offered in the card's set-up menu does little to fix things.

In my previous PC (233 Mhz PII used until this weekend), there was an ATI tuner card that worked great... all channels were the same high quality. My new PC is in the same location as my old one, so all the connections and distances to the card are the same. I'm wondering if any type of line amplifier may help. Any thoughts?

2. Tekara

Tekara Supporting Actor

well, an in-line tuner has good potential to help since it does soundlike your new tuner is being really finicky with the channels. but before buying anything I would reccomend getting a normal TV down by your comp to test and see if it's not just the cable company.

3. Rob Landolfi

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a shot...

4. Rob Landolfi

I skeptically tried a amplifier from Radio Shack, and that made a huge improvement. Though the few channels that were giving me trouble aren't crystal clear, they're vastly improved, and I can live with this as a solution.