TV Tuner Card

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Irens Cruz, Jun 13, 2003.

1. Irens Cruz

Irens Cruz Stunt Coordinator

Dec 5, 2000

I looking for a TV Tuner to buy and since I´m in Brazil my options here are: PCTV from Pinnacle, AverStudio from Avermedia and PixelView Play TV Pro.
    The package from Aver is more complete since it has PVR function, FM tuner and etc... but I haven´t found much on the net about Aver.
    Has anyone checked these cards ? Anything that I should worry about ? Is the image really good ?

Thanks for any input. [​IMG]

2. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Feb 29, 2000
    I had the Xcapture also made by PixelView. For NTSC broadcasts the card of choice at the moment is the Flyvideo 2000 (mono tuner) or 3000 (stereo, but doesn't work the DScaler). Unfortunately the onboard tuners of most PCI cards aren't that good which is why it's preferred to use an outboard turner, such as a stereo VCR.

I use the Flyvideo 2k and a JVC SVHS VCR to output S-Video to the card, and stereo to my soundcard input. After going through 5 capture cards this is the best solution I've found.

Here are some links: ($40 shipped for the FV 2k)

God luck! I hope you can somehow get these cards shipped to Brazil.
  3. Steve_Ch

Steve_Ch Supporting Actor

Oct 14, 2001
    I am not familiar with situation in Brazil, but personally I uss a Leadtek Winfast TV 2000XP Deluxe here in the US. I've used ATI and others, but this Winfast product simply cannot be beat. It's now around $50 (also comes with a remote) at Don't take my word for it, just go read the customer reviews (and there are many, many of them) and comapre it to any other tuner products. I do not work for Leadtek, have no association with them whatsoever, do not own stock, I was simply blew sway with how cheap, how good and how easy and painless this product is (again, I've used others).