TV sound through receiver

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jason Tracewell, Jan 21, 2002.

1. Jason Tracewell

Jason Tracewell Stunt Coordinator

Hello all! I just recently got a new receiver (Kenwood VR-507) and I have it hooked up and it sounds great but I have run into a small problem that has started to drive me batty.. I want the TV to play through the receiver but for some reason, it will only play when I have the VCR on. I know I must be missing a connection somewhere or something, but I have tried everything I can think of... If anyone else with this receiver can help me out, I would appreciate it greatly! Thanks [​IMG]

2. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

How do you have the TV hooked up to the receiver?

3. Jason Tracewell

Jason Tracewell Stunt Coordinator

The Video In (TV) to Monitor Out (Receiver) and Audio Out (TV) to Monitor Play Out (Receiver).. I think that's how I have it hooked up (I'm at work right now) [​IMG] I also have my VCR hooked up through the 'Video 1 - Play In' section I believe... If you need any other info, just let me know.. [​IMG]

4. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

I know of no VCR that will passthru the TV signal if it's not on. Some TVs have an "audio out" on the back, you could use that if you have it. Otherwise, it's VCR or the TV speakers

5. Jason Wolters

Jason Wolters Stunt Coordinator